Hello! I'm reparing a CAT 216 B, the problem was at auxiliary hydraulics, the joystick was wrong and don't send the rigth signal to ECM. The joystick is the reference 2158307. This joystick is so expensive, and I was thinking to change it with the reference 2233725. Any one tknows if I can change it? If this was possible, Must I reprogramig ECM?? Here are images of both joysticks. 2158307 2233725 Tnks in advanced. David.
You cannot change joysticks. The one with the variable flow hydraulic control is a hall effect switch. Where the other is simply off and on. I don't know if you reprogrammed the computer if it would work. The wiring in both machines is the same. The computer with the variable flow looks for a square wave from the hall switch and the other just looks for voltage present. Just buy the overpriced joystick and save yourself a headache. You can't buy the hall effect switch made by Otto from anyone...
i agree, as i still gripe about how much that stupid thing costs
Yes, I think it so, the only problem of the joystick is the proportinal switch. Here in Spain, the joystick costs more than 800 €. The hall effect switches from Otto, that means tbone1471, costs about 60 €, so, I think I can't mount it, because, the imput power of the oem Joystick is 8V, and the output, I think is 2V in one side and 6 in the other, however Otto switches has 5 V max. input power, and the range of the output is 1-4 V.
You could just replace the switch on the joystick.
It cost too much, how did you fix it?