This question is in reference to the glow plug bus bar on my Caterpillar 262 (serial number CED00263). I replaced the glow plugs yesterday and am not able to tell where or how the glow plug bus bar connects to a power source. I have attached a picture of the bus bar in hope that someone can tell me how to connect the bus bar so the glow plugs can get electric to be powered for starting. Thank you in advance.
There should be a 10 SWG wire #877 Yellow connecting the Cold Start Relay to the glow plugs.
Is there a physical wire connection to the bus bar?
Yes. The one shown on the diagram above.
The photos below are from the instructions for removing the engine. #12 is a zip tie, #13 is the wire for the glow plugs. So it appears as though the wire comes up from the left side of the engine. The #977 10SWG Yellow wire is part of the chassis wiring harness of the machine.
Thank you for the photos. That helps a lot. I don't seem to have or have not seen the #977 Yellow wire that is referenced. There was not a wire connection anywhere along the bus bar when I replaced the glow plugs. Are these pictures from CAT SIS? If they are, could you please tell me where they are at?
The electrical schematic. Yes. As stated above, from the procedure to remove the engine.
Thank you, sir, for your help.