Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 272c battery died now no power to control panel

Alphaz · 2023-09-03 10:18

Cat 272c Battery died, jumped it and used for a day on job and ran great At end of job noticed a small leak, brought back to yard to inspect lifted cab to look. Set cab back down left bolts off, and came back to machine 2-3 days later. Got in and seemed to be dead again no power at dash. Tried jumping and swapped battery for a known good one. Hop in no power at either side control panels but machine will start and operate as normal besides having no power to the panels. All switch’s work, heat/ac works, horn works, lights work, even parking switch works to disengage and engage to operate. Am stumped. Checked fuses and all looked good. What can I be missing?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2023-09-03 10:44

    An electrical schematic.? Post a Serial Number and you’re welcome to one.

  2. #2Alphaz2023-09-03 11:08

    I don’t have one RED00735

  3. #3Alphaz2023-09-03 11:08

    Thank you very much

  4. #4Alphaz2023-09-03 12:43

    Found it broken wire under the cab near the 6 fuses underneath

  5. #5Nige2023-09-03 13:16

    I’ll send you a copy anyway. It could come in handy at some point. Keep an eye on your messages.

  6. #6Alphaz2023-09-03 13:30

    Thank you I appreciate that I’m sure it will