Does the Caterpillar 277b and the 267 use the same drive motor- part number 220-8142? Does anybody have one for sale?
220-8142 was used on 287 (CNY), 287B (ZSA), 277 (CNC), 277B (MDH), 267 (CMP), & 267B (CYC) machines. 220-8142 services to an improved motor P/N 280-7864 or Reman 10R3334 that was introduced part-way through the production run of the B-Series machines above. See attached.
Thanks Nige. My 277b crapped out on me at my camp. I’ve taken the track off and can see the motor is toast. My current problem is I have three of the four hoses disconnected but the drain hose is frozen (rusted) to the fitting on the motor. The fitting turns but the hose is rusted on. I’ve sprayed copious amount of ruse buster on it but it won’t budge. What would you do next?
My serial number is MDH 04693
Heat, lots of it......... Keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Thanks for your help. Literally in the wilderness here! Any tips on how to make sure the heat is not destroying the rubber part of the hose?
Concentrate the heat on the fitting and get it hot quick. You could first try using a hammer and a blunt drift on the fitting on the end of the hose.
We finessed for over two hours. The place where the fitting goes into the motor is scalloped such that when you get good torque on the fitting the scalloping pushes the wrench off the nut. The hose is connected to a double male fitting that screws into the motor. That fitting turns so I have to have a wrench on that and a wrench on the hose. One of my other options was disconnecting the hose and turning it out. It looked like disconnecting the hose would be difficult as it is way in the bowels of the machine. I think I would have to get at it from underneath unless there is a trick I do know about.
I assume you're talking about the small hose in the illustration. Remove the motor from the track frame and unscrew the fitting from it maybe..?
My unit is a little different from the drawing. The hoses are in closer to the machine. There are four hoses. The hose that won’t come off is a hose that apparently allows fluid to drain back into the hydraulic reservoir. The motor can’t come out of the housing with the hose attached.
Update- daily and numerous applications of PB Blaster and the fitting came off.