2010 Caterpillar 279c. What is this warning light? Not the fuel or park light.
my guess would be low voltage
Thanks for the reply. It came on several times yesterday, and then the right joy stick would not work. Left joy stick would continue to be fine. I also noticed when you would pick up the left armrest, it and the parking light would come on, which I believe is normal. Today I drove it around moving some stuff and never had any issue. But I was making sure I had my left arm fully planted on the armrest. Just got the machine and really wish I knew what each one of the "dash lights " meant.
Hydraulics locked out. Comes on when door is opened. Won't let the boom operate. Check door switch on left side, by the wiper motor. May just need an adjustment.
That makes sense. Appreciate the info.
door must be firmly closed , then u press the hyd switch, upper left side the light should go out and if the door is closed good the other light will go out and hyds will work that first light is a fuel light i have alot of issues with the door safety light going out and letting boom hyd to work. i have to slam the door several times hard i am currently making a bypass plug to keep that from happening, u just got to be careful because u are removing a safety function you can buy books for this machine on ebay
You can also get new genuine manuals as downloads or on CD from a couple of sources often for less than the shysters on eBay want for theirs. The good thing is that they contain the latest updates. Priced around $50.