Good evening I have been working on Cat 289D3 two speed skid track loader 2022. 1108hours currently. SN: JX908520. It's been showing codes 2688-8. 2687-8 That said "Right Drive Motor speed sensor #1 and #12 abnormal frequency, pulse width/period." NOTE:Just Rigth side final drive end is stuck/blocked. Also has a code E695-3 that said "unexpected motor speed detection disable, drive speed is limited until fault is corrected." I did check resistance on harness from ECM connectors J1 and J2 to end side connector to that speed sensor and is less 5ohms wick is "ok" according to troubleshooting procedure manual, also I did check physically speed sensor and looks "ok" no damage, no debrits, no broke wich is "ok" on TS manual procedure. Also I did check 8Vdc supply voltage from ECM to sensor and is "ok" But still doesn't rotate that rigth side drive end of motor. Then, what i did is disconnect "quick connect hoses off the drive end motor to check that hydraulic pump send flow to motor and park brake hose also send flow. On that point I notice 2 of big size hoses has flow to the motor and when park brake is disengage also has flow to the motor. Hoses were connect back to drive end motor and as soon I start equipment hoses blow out both big size and the one mod size is. Now I have 2 problem to solve. Could some one give me a hand with it? Note: Honestly I'm suspecting of drive motor internal issue and drive motor speed sensor.
The speed sensor issue and the fact that the drive motor will not turn are two separate problems. A faulty spoeed sensor will not prevent the drive motor from turning. When you try to drive taht track in either the forward or reverse direction does one or other of the large diameter hydraulic hoses connected to the drive motor tense up.? Second question. Have you drained the oil from the planetary assembly outboard of the drive motor, or at least checked the level at plug #2.? What does the oil look like condition-wise.?
Gear planetary assembly level is good but color is like dark black as petroleum smells real bad and seem some shavings particles coming out of plug#2 when i checked rigth side.
If the oil has sparklies in it then disassemble the planetary and take a closer look would be my suggestion in that case. You will need a very big pair of snap ring pliers to get the ring off the cover.
Okay, I will do, and keep you posted. Thnk you.
Once the snap ring is out you will need to remove the level plug #2 and use the thread in the cover to attach a slide hammer in order to persuade the cover to come off. It will be tight.