Hi all, I have a 2014 299d having some error codes on. Have searched the forum and seen few had similar issue. Below are the codes. Also had an issue a while back it would start cutting out and show misfire injector 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 can’t remember which. I found that the harness on top of engine was vibrating and causing it. I secured it down and stopped that. It will still do it if you wiggle it in a certain spot which I know prob has a chaffed wire. I was wondering if its possible these are all connected or just a fluke. I have checked the fuse for joystick and swapped a couple relays to see if it would correct itself and checked a few connectors. The joystick will be fine then just show error, looking at parameters on screen the when the error stops and the percentage goes back to zero it will release brake. Until then it don’t. it has randomly stopped and put on the brakes also. I wondered why it would show both errors though on the joystick if it was bad sensor I figured it had to measuring each front to back and side to side. Any input would be appreciated. I have done a little troubleshooting but wanted see if anyone had same issues or knew if they could be a link between them before I spent more time on it. GTC00466 has cat link if anyone has ability to connect to it and see the history. Intermittent 174-4 engine fuel temp voltage 2474-3 joystick left 2476-3 joystick left
For the Codes relating to the two LH joystick position sensors (Fore & Aft and Side-to-Side) coming up at the same time the chances are on anything common, most likely a bad connection in the sensor power supply or the ground from the sensors back to the ECM. Attached the Troubleshooting procedure. 174-4 engine fuel temperature. See attachment for DTC list and test procedure. I'll send you an electrical schematic. You're probably going to need one.
Thanks, I will try and disconnect all connectors and clean with contact cleaner and reconnect and see if by chance it helps before going further will update when I get a chance. I was thinking also, I blew a drive hose and had to replace it and ever since then it started the random applying brake occasionally and then it started the joystick error. I may check the wires at that solenoid and trace back and make sure I didn't booger one up when I replaced it and then check all the connections.
I checked some of the connections for the joystick error and didn’t really see no issues. I haven't had a chance to check for a short etc with multimeter yet but what I found odd is the left rationality would be all over the place. When it goes back to 0 it will release form park and move. all the other values are good just on the left x. the odder part is x and y left will show just --- in it occasionally and can remove the left joystick fuse and replace and it will come back up and show values. its like its dropping out but it has power at the fuse, of course this throws the opposite code for low voltage but still wondering if not just junk sensor for left. I also checked the engine harness for the fuel error. and found the harness had a spot wore on the top side above injector pump where it was zip tied to the l bracket. I removed the zip tie and re arranged the wire and now no miss and the fuel code has seemed to go away. I am going to run it a few once i get the joystick issue resolved since now they don't s seem to be related and fix that wiring.
If it's a junk sensor then the base (that contains both sensors) will need to be replaced. The sensors are not sold separately. Base is about US$450 IIRC. Your -3 Codes didn't suggest a problem with just one sensor, more a supply or ground problem in the common feed to both. try going through the troubleshooting procedures I posted above and see where they get you. I take it that your DMM has a Duty Cycle measuring capability.?
will do the trouble shoot. I dont have a duty measure but have access to Cat et if needed. Hopefully can figure it out with regular ohms/multi.
To measure the Duty Cycle output of the position sensors accurately requires either ET or a DMM equipped with a Duty Cycle option. You don't need Duty Cycle for the troubleshooting BTW, because you're mostly checking supply, ground, or continuity.
help! 299D2 code 4334-4 says voltage is below normal, but volt meter says its getting 12 volts, Lost a alternator, replaced and now i get this code. maybe a electrical schematic any one?
"voltage below normal" does not mean system voltage (12v). If you want a troubleshooting procedure for 4334-4 please post a machine Serial Number to make sure we get the right one. Same comment applies to the electrical schematic.
we found a clip not connected. under ECU
So it's fixed now.?