Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 305.5D operators manual

priemsy1 · 2023-06-02 17:51

Does anybody have a Caterpillar 305.5D operators manual for sale or know how I could source one? ​

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2023-06-02 21:50

    If you can confirm that the Serial Number prefix of your machine (last 8 characters of the PIN) starts with FLZ here is a link where you can download an Operation & Maintenance manual in pdf format. NOTE: The only other model of 305.5D I came across (YHS-prefix) all the available manuals were in Japanese. If this is the model you have, and as you're in Oz it wouldn't surprise me, you are going to struggle for an English O&MM. Go to - https://catpublications.com/ Click on "Continue as Guest" Tyep SEBU8574 in the box and click Search. You should see the illustration below.

  2. #2priemsy12023-06-05 22:36

    Well! I tried and I tried to buy and download the blasted thing...I give up!

  3. #3Nige2023-06-05 23:03

    Sorry to hear that. The other alternative is to call by your local Cat dealer and order a copy in either paper or CD form from their Parts Dept.

  4. #4priemsy12023-06-06 00:26

    Yes, I did and they quoted twice the price.

  5. #5Nige2023-06-06 10:17

    Try contacting this outfit by email - [email protected] I am not sure if they do downloads though, they certainly do not advertise them. They do supply genuine OEM Cat manuals BTW. The manuals they sell on CD are in pdf format so they might be able to do something for you in view of your location. Official Caterpillar Service Manuals, Owners Manuals (OMM), and Parts Books for Engine & Construction Equipment Repair Official OEM Caterpillar factory service repair shop manuals, parts books, and operator manuals for sale for all Cat engines and machines. www.servicemanualpro.com

  6. #6priemsy12023-06-06 22:36

    Thanks for the help Nige, much appreciated. The manual in book form is ordered and on its way from manualpro.

  7. #7Nige2023-06-06 22:38

    I'm glad you got sorted, even if it wasn't the way you really wanted to do it.