Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine warning alarm

sdavies2000 · 2023-06-02 20:22

hitachi ex200lc-3 I just recently got a red exclamation mark on my display unit and a warning message saying to check engine and related systems. I figured out how to get into the service menu/ trouble shooting menu that displays codes but all 4 controllers say normal. I'm told the menu will only display active codes but it seems like when i turn the key off to enter the menu, it's no longer active so nothing is displayed as abnormal. Any ideas how to proceed?

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-06-02 22:01

    Go into service mode at every startup. When the active code pops up you will be ready to read it.

  2. #2sdavies20002023-06-02 22:15

    Thanks Diesel Dave, I wasn't aware i could operate while in that mode, I'll give it a try, thanks!

  3. #3sdavies20002023-08-09 15:45

    I got back to work with the hitachi zx 200-3 and ran it in the troubleshooting mode. It took a while but it worked. I got the following alarm and code. Any ideas?? Thanks

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-08-09 17:18

    Engine code 10002-2 refers to Abnormal EGR Valve Control . Hopefully one of the Hitachi guys like @LACHAU will see this.

  5. #5sdavies20002023-08-10 07:23

    Thanks Diesel Dave, gives me some piece of mind knowing it’s nothing too serious!