Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 307SSR fuel filter location?

traskriverjack · 2023-07-13 18:32

Hello, Can anyone tell me where to find the fuel filter on an older Cat 307 SSR ? And maybe how to access it ? Much appreciated. Jack

Replies7
  1. #1ahart2023-07-13 19:46

    Hello Jack, give us a machine serial number and we will definitely try to help.

  2. #2traskriverjack2023-07-13 22:17

    ahart, I believe the serial number on my machine is: 00B90298* . Many thanks for responding. Jack

  3. #3Nige2023-07-14 03:39

    That doesn’t sound right somehow. Can you post a photo of the plate.?

  4. #4traskriverjack2023-07-14 10:29

    Sorry. That is the information I have at hand. The machine is housed 100 miles from where I am now located. I will be visiting it soon, will try to locate the plate, and get back to you. It will take a bit of time, as I will be staying there for awhile, and have no communication there. Your interest is much appreciated. Thank you, Jack

  5. #5traskriverjack2023-07-29 13:23

    Nige, Since we last communicated I was able to visit the machine and have more information. Will attach a photo of the of the serial number tag. The "B" in the number has a light stamping on the back, but it is definitely a B. Also, I was able to locate the fuel filter and have ordered new ones from " Friday Parts Ltd. It seems that 307SSR parts and information is limited here in the states, and I would be grateful for info on any sources for that. Thank you very much for your interest and help. Jack

  6. #6Nige2023-07-29 14:21

    So your machine Serial Number (aka PIN) is 2FL02357. The number on the line below it is the engine S/N. The big problem with this particular model is that most Cat dealers look at you with a kind of "what now.?" expression when you tell them you have a 307 SSR. The best suggestion I can make is to get your own manuals so that you can look for spare parts by OEM Part Number. See HERE for factory-original manuals.

  7. #7traskriverjack2023-08-01 16:49

    Nige, Many thanks for the info on the parts manual. I have one on order and am hopeful it will be a big help. I have a problem with the fuel delivery to the engine and will try to post progress in the future. Jack