Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 311cu loss of auto throttle

Rhyswelly ยท 2017-04-25 14:15

hi new to this, I recently done a governor calibration. After the calibration the auto throttle up has stopped working. Still works on the button but not when you move any controls. I am about to do a prv calibration as I've just changed that. hopefully someone out there could help.

Replies4
  1. #1Cmark2017-04-25 16:30

    Was it definitely working before? It uses pressure switches on the MCV to tell it when to come off auto idle. There are two switches, one for the implements, one for the tracks.

  2. #2Rhyswelly2017-04-25 16:40

    Yes wasn't until done the calibration that it stopped. I wasn't meant to run the calibration done it by accident going through what needed to be done for prv! Could it be anything to do with the prv not being calibrated yet? Or do they calibrating to the system?

  3. #3Cmark2017-04-25 22:04

    As far as I know, calibrating the powershift solenoid won't affect the auto idle. You should be able to get into a mode where you can monitor the inputs from the various pressure switches.

  4. #4Rhyswelly2017-04-26 01:01

    Problem is i don't have a digital dash. The only other thing is that I must of pressed something and turned it off without realising. That's the problem when learning! Cause not sure what I pressed wrong, and don't want to randomly press stuff again!!