Hi, I have an old Yanmar YB-201. I'm looking for a service manual but can't find one anywhere, it's almost like the machine never existed. So my next effort is to obtain a service manual for a similar machine in the hope it will be some use to this novice. Can a Yanmer guru assist is advising a Yanmar (or alternative brand) mini excavator which would be similar enough to the YB201 that a service manual for that machine would be useful. Thanks in advance
What kind of help do you need
Hi Mike, I've bought a lifestyle block with a Yanmar YB201 as part of the package. It gives the impression of having not been maintained for a long time but does run well so I'd like to get it up to scratch service-wise. I've done air, oil, oil filter change on the engine and replaced a heap of buggered grease nipples and greased what I can see needs greasing. Now I want to change out all other old fluids but I'm not sure what needs doing and what replacement fluids to use. I can do the track drives which I think use a 80w-90 oil, but my main concern is the main cab-turning motor (not sure the name of this - the big "axle" which turns the cab on the undercarriage). There is an oil reservoir under the seat/hydraulic tank which I don't know what is for or what/how to service but I'm guessing this is for a motor to turn the cab? Any helpful advice would be bloody wonderful!
This is the machine in question, an oldie. No identifying marks or serial numbers but pretty sure its a YB-201 with a modified cab
Try, SSB tractor forum.. help & discussion page.. down at the bottom is a Yanmar section. You don't have to join.
Yes, I think you are correct. I had a B37 and that is where the swing motor was. The dipstick was for the oil level of the swing reduction. You can use the same oil that you use in the final drives
Thanks Mike, So the "final drive" (please excuse my lack of naming, never so much as looked at a digger until a few weeks ago) is the track drive correct? That I believe uses a gear oil 80w-90, so that ius what to use on the swing motor? Do you know if the swing motor has a filter or anything else I should know about? Thx
The swing motor itself is sealed, and lubricated by hydraulic oil, but the swing drive gear should have a static oil level like a manual transmission, so there would not be a need for a filter. The old guys used to say the only wrong oil is no oil. 80/90 has a distinct smell, so it should be easy to identify. Unless someone else has other info, I think 80/90 should do.
Thanks so much fellas. That should get me going. Anything else you all think I should be doing to the old maintenance-starved beast PLEASE feel free to advise me! Cheers, much appreciated.