First off I would like to say hello to everybody. Okay I have a 312 BL excavator The display monitor does not light up at all Is there any way that I could test just before buying a new one I have 24 volt going to red wire and a good ground. I checked the harness wire all looks good. I have to use the throttle control switches on the armors to operate the Machine. any help where to start to see if its the monitor or the ECM thanks in advance
are u mean display not work? are your monitor panel switches work?
What I'm trying to say is the display does not work the monitor does not light up at all none of the buttons I push work or light up.
I checked all fuses all fuses are good I checked all wires all wires appear to be good I don't know what else to to try I have started to check relays but I don't know which one to check
PM me your machine Serial Number and your e-mail address and I'll send you the electrical schematic for the machine if that will help you. As per mods requests please don't post the details here.
Unfortunately I cannot get the serial number today but if you can send me a schematic for a cat 312 BL excavator I would appreciate it
2 pm sent Thanks for the help
hello i think backup switch is on. check first of all it. otherwise you may change the ECU.
Are you saying that the backup alarm may be short out and stopping to display unit from working properly where is the ECU is it the box alongside the seat
reach your hand down the back of the right hand console in the cab. You'll feel a toggle switch down there. It's the backup switch rankothge is referring to. It's there in case the electronics fail on the machine. Someone may have inadvertantly switched it. flip it and your monitor may come back.
Yes I'm aware of those to toggle switches in order to run I have to have off
Ne1 know where I can pick up a ecm at good price thanks
Thanks for all your help I've been buried into trying to figure out this electrical problem and haven't had a chance to thank you for the schematic and all the info I just like to say thanks nige
did you find the problem with your display monitor? I have the same problem on a Hyundai 130 lc-3 just wanted to know if it may be the same problem.
OK I traced all wires and found no power coming out of ecm wire k997. Ecm is green and yellow lights when I jump the k997 wire at the monitor with 24 volts the ecm goes green the monitor eluminates all functions work properly on the monitor and on the machine. Does this mean I have a ecm problem? What else should I look for? Does the ecm supply power to the k997 wire or is there a power source elsewhere? Machine is a 312bl prefix #8jr. Did not pull error codes yet will do that on Monday.
Just got a call today my 315 monitor not working. So I have 2 cat not working just my luck
Can ne1 help me please I just look at the 315 monitor not working
Ne1 interresed I will sell 2 new monitor's half price or 2 used monitor's for cat 311,312b,315b 320b may work on more If I sell new I have to keep used if sell used I have to keep new one's thanks
bad ecm My ecm is full of water
look at me All cleaned up now put it in reflow at 150 f for 24 hrs
Opps