Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 312D Excavator

TrinbagoMan ยท 2026-01-17 21:22

Greetings Forum members I recently purchased a used CAT312D with serial number CAT0312DKFBJ00545 How can i work out what year it is? I was told 2012 or 2017, but i am not sure. Secondly I am trying to access owners manual, a service manual as well as schematics for the electricals and hydraulics. Any assistance would be appreciated. It has the rebadged mitsubishi engine.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2026-01-17 21:34

    I'll get back to you tomorrow with the info regarding all your questions. It will take a while to round it all up. Update: Below are the references for the Operation & Maintenance Manual plus the Parts Manual. Note that the O&M Manual is only available in Japanese because the FBJ machine is a grey import. If you want an equivalent English manual look for Caterpillar Publication reference SEBU8038 for a World model machine of S/N prefix HCW. Update: The Service Manual in English for an HCW machine is Cat Publication reference KENR6550. Note that this manul, if complete, will contain an English O&M Manual SEBU8038.

  2. #2Cmark2026-01-17 23:21

    As far as age goes, it was built in 2008.