Good afternoon guys, I have a cat 325cl that is driving me a lil crazy. Serial # BMM00672 it shows an ecm error code of 588-9. All functions work properly. Power and ground all good to display no break in common place by foot panel. None of the gauges work. I have checked all wiring on motor and chassis harnesses. I am going to replace fuel sender due to leak at gasket. Which direction do I go in my SIS is currently down but ET is working. Thank yall in advance
Communication issue between machine ECM and display, You say no gauges are working, but is the display booting up? Where are you getting the error code from? This thread may help. HeavyEquipmentForums
Yes display fires up… but nothing on gauges or throttle position. Pulled code with my ET. I can scroll through settings on screen but is defaults back to ecm error. Machine runs great otherwise.
All the required diagnostic tests appear to be in that linked thread so no point in reinventing the wheel. If you need an electrical schematic for the machine please ask.