Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 320B stalling at times

JRuffryders0930 ยท 2015-09-28 21:27

I have a cat 320B excavator that keeps on stalling at times. It doesn't happen all the time. Mostly happens when moving the machine around. I tried replacing the fuel filters. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what it could be. It starts right back up after it stalls. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-09-28 22:22

    Check the wires to the PRV solenoid, it controls the pump output . Later Bob

  2. #2jlittle22122015-10-01 23:12

    Check fuel pressure to see if it drops.

  3. #3chamarahkw2015-12-20 07:06

    What is the type of the engine. If it is 3116 directly contact the dealer, other outsiders couldn't repair that. Injection, fuel pressure & hydraulic,electrical all have to check,adjust nor replace. I have a 320B 1XS-005XX & repaired sooner. Now works great. Tx.

  4. #4ih1002015-12-20 08:52

    Like Bob said, the prv solenoid on the hydraulic pump is my first thought. Check the wiring to it.