Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 420IT Questions

ReligiouslyCAT ยท 2017-03-14 18:08

Hello, I just have a quick question and I cannot find a definitive answer through Google. I am just wondering if the IT caterpillar varients allowed for universal skidsteer attachments to be connected. If not, is there a adapter that would allow me to attach skidsteer attachments? Thank You In Advance, Regards

Replies6
  1. #1CM19952017-03-14 21:45

    I have a 420DIT and it will not accept universal skid steer attachments without some sort of adapter plate. The coupler system is bigger and a totally different design. A good fab shop should be able to make up something that will work. Do you want the attachments to switch between skid steer and backhoe? If so you could hydraulically connect the adapter to the backhoe but would need to manually lock the standard skid steer pins down. If you just wanted to run skid steer attachments on the 420 then each attachment would need to be retrofitted to fit the Cat QC.

  2. #2ReligiouslyCAT2017-03-14 22:27

    Hello Sir, Oh I see... I have a mower attachment for my skidsteer and a hydraulic push blade for my skidsteer. I know the push blade would not have any problem working off the backhoe's auxiliary hydraulic system... The mower runs at 23 gpm I am not sure if the auxiliary hydraulics of the backhoe would be able to Handle that much GPM, do you know? I think I found some backhoe adapter options online, (I am on my phone right now and I will post then later). Sincere Regards Thank you

  3. #3CM19952017-03-15 08:24

    Looks like you would be getting somewhere around 43 GPM from the 420's hydraulic pump. https://aspendigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/420D-IT-Backhoe-Loader.pdf

  4. #4ReligiouslyCAT2017-03-15 11:09

    Hello, Thanks for your reply. Wow, that is insanely high! You could throw a brush cutter on this thing and run a forestry company. Is there anyway to tune the auxiliary output? Or is it 43Gpm all at once, my mower runs at 23GPM and I would not want to damage the hydraulic motor. Regards

  5. #5CM19952017-03-15 13:43

    That's what the pump is rated for, however I don't know what the flow at the end of the loader is.

  6. #6ReligiouslyCAT2017-03-15 13:58

    Oh I see... If a backhoe is anything like a skidsteer it should be the same. But in that Regards, why would Caterpillar only make brooms and other low powered hydraulic attachments available when if according to the hydraulic pump flow, the machine should be able to run brush cutters? I cannot find any documentation regarding the "auxiliary hydraulic flow rate". For skidsteer the auxiliary hydraulic flow rate is classified by "loader hydralic". Is there any documentation in the manual of the backhoe? Thank you in advance