Howdy all. I have a Cat 428 2WD backhoe with a engine that needs to be removed for repair. Am I able to remove the engine and hydraulic pump as a complete unit and leave the transmission in place. I'm waiting for the manual to arrive.
If you post a Serial Number I can look for an extract from the appropriate manual.
Thanks Nige. 6TCC04321 Perkins engine, Spicer transmission. Engine S/N U295213S.
According to the manual the engine comes out as a complete unit along with the torque converter and the transmission. See attached. There may be alternative ways to do this job. Hopefully if someone has any knowledge of them they will chime in.
Thanks Nige. Ronney Barker was one of the best. Used to watch the two Ronnies with my old man.
You need to broaden your horizons with Porridge & Open All Hours.......
I'll give them a run. I was hoping to leave the torque convertor and transmission in place with a support leg under them and uncouple the motor at the torque convertor flex plate. I'm not sure if that would work. It would make it a easier lift. I'll leave this for a while and continue making the gantry. Like you said. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in. Thanks