Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 55H winch manual?

Jim Butler ยท 2025-12-23 08:30

Does anyone have, or have a source for a service manual for a Cat 55H winch, serial number 2EJ00408?

Replies4
  1. #1Jim Butler2025-12-23 11:26
  2. #2Jim Butler2025-12-23 11:29

    I answered my own question. While looking for manuals on ebay I was typing the winch model, 55H in my case. That was bringing up winches that did not match my serial number range. I then typed Caterpillar winch and the serial number prefix, without the model number; I did find one used manual that matched. Maybe this method can help someone else.

  3. #3D6 Merv2025-12-23 22:20

    alot of hard parts for those 55H series winchs are unobtainium, ie gears etc, have seen a few complete 54H 55H 56H that were just wrecked for parts to keep other winchs going. Cat stopped making those series winchs long ago

  4. #4Jim Butler2025-12-23 23:18

    Mine is working for the time being, I will have to use it carefully.