I have a 2015 Caterpillar 908M compact wheel loader, I have the factory 12v. aux switch next to my rear window defrost switch, I was told the 12 volt aux. switch would apply power to a work tool item etc. HOWEVER.... where does that come out on the machine side? We currently have a wing plow on the loader and that is plugged into the factor electrical pin on the cat, is there another terminal connection, or the wing plow has to be removed to use this feature? Serial number #CAT0908MAH880443 Thanks!
Check your inbox for an electrical schematic. I can't answer your question directly but with the info in the schematic hopefully you can figure it out. The switch is shown in Grid D-12 on Page 9. You're referring to Switch #21 I assume.? The O&M Manual speaks thusly - "This position could be blank, or have the option of a work tool aux electrical power switch."
Thanks Nige, That is correct!
On a skidsteer, that switch energizes pin "J".
the factory 12-volt AUX switch in the cab feeds the machine’s work-tool / auxiliary electrical connector (and the cab 12V receptacle), not a separate hidden terminal. If your wing plow is plugged into the factory work-tool connector, the cab AUX switch will energize that same connector, you don’t have to remove the plow to use the switch (but the plow will get power whenever the switch is on).