Hi, I have early 70’s cat 930 and I am looking for help finding someone that rebuilds rear brake calipers or sells rebuilt replacements somewhere in the Northeast. Looking for both rear calipers. Any help would be appreciated.
They are farely easy to rebuild if the bores are not pitted and if you can find parts. Might be an idea to post your serial number. Those brake calipers were made by a different company than Cat, someone like Wagner, Bendix, or another brake or drive line company. Maybe Cat still supplies, maybe someone else will chime in. Simon C
Thanks Serial number 41K1985
The attached information might be of some assistance.
The only thing that is a pain rebuilding them is making sure you get the rust and scale out of the groove for the boot
Thank you
I ended up using a super skinny die grinder wheel to clean the grooves out. Have a small valve on the line for my grinder to be able to better control the speed. It works rather well and makes the job easier. Simon C