Turns out there is not enough pressure in the nitrogen accumilator, which is lighting up the exclamation point on the dash & giving a non drive scenario. I'm planning on replacing a fully charged accumulator tank & was wondering if anyone has done this work. What precautions; if any, I should antisapate? Any advise would be greatly appreciated...
A low service brake accumulator nitrogen charge or low service brake pressure warning would not create a no drive scenario. What warning light(s) is on along with the exclamation point on the dash ?
I can start it up but it wont engage the trans. Almost like a low fluid scenario, it wont build enough oil pressure to drive. There's a gear symbol. Thinks its the Transmission warning light. Doesn't low pressure on the accumulator sends a signal to the module not allowing the switch to engage the trans?
Has the oil level been checked? It is supposed to be checked with the engine running. The hydraulics still work, correct? That is for transmission pressure. If the gear light is on the transmission pressure is low. If the oil level is correct, then transmission pressure needs to be checked. Nope.
Yes this symbol was popping up before I changed the oil & filter. It sounds like I'll need to check oil pressure again. I pulled a line off the trans to check oil pressure. Is there a another place J.D. has to check trans pressure?
Remove the transmission pressure switch and put a gauge in there. Check your messages.