Just purchased a 977 H cat loader for the farm, just wanted to change out the hyd oil and filters. What is the process and where is everything located? Thanks
Hyd filter is the high pressure housing at the rear left side of the machine. Hyd tank is at the right rear. Later Bob
Thanks Bob
There are usually operators and maintenance manuals listed for sale on Ebay. The only manual I could find for a 977H was a parts manual for a high serial number: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-70-CAT...60766?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item565127f5be
Bob. Hi Bob, just found your reply to this post. I've just purchased a 977E, the hydraulics need attention, could do with some info on the system. I'm in Australia, not a lot online or anywhere else for that matter. Do you know of any online sites that have information on my girl (977). I have a basic manual, but it covers little. Doesn't even tell me how to check the hydraulic fluid or top it up. Any info you can send me would be great Bob. Until then, have a great day. Eddie
I don't have any on it Eddie but go to the ACMOC site they have lots for you. Later Bob
Thanks Bob, you're a legend. I'll give it a go and see what I can find. It's just after 6am here, just got back from the property I'm clearing with my Cat. Steep angle along edge of their dam. Left hand track slid and went over the dam wall, she's got really really really poor shoes on the tracks, worn flat, no step, so she didn't have much traction. So now I'll be busy for a while getting her out, she's up to the track springs in mud, it is pissing down rain here lol. At least she pulled up before she went too far. Looks like a great day for a hard days work, nothing better for a man than sweating and slipping in a foot of mud digging a bulldozer out of a dam. Lucky for me, I love a challenge, this is what I love about working in rural areas like this, always loved the farm life. Ok, time for a coffee and then back to it. Take care Bob, thanks again for your help. Eddie.