Hello, I am looking for some dimensions from the Caterpillar 988 (988a) wheel loader/traxcavator. Length, width, height, wheelbase, length of bucket arms, bucket arm mounting point height to name a few. Anything one can come up with will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
For a machine of that era there isn't much information about. Here's what the Performance Handbook says: -
I looked through what I had and not much of that kind of information. Have a complete Service Manual and even have some Factory pictures from the early years with the fiberglass cab version but that's about it. The first one we had at the quarry was s/n 87A1964
Thank you both for taking the time. Finding info on the later models is much easier.
I just had an epihany and spent an hour or so searching my loft for a box full of Cat Performance Handbooks from way back when, hoping to find one from the years when the 988A was a current model. Believe it or not the first PHB I have in my collection is Edition 7 from 1977, the same year the 988B came on to the market........bugger....
8 is the oldest I have....a year older than me! Haha
look up ritchie auction specs they have it
I must be looking in the wrong place on Ritchie Auction as I'm only seeing 988B, 988F, and 988H. Nothing for the straight 988 which is often refereed to as a 988A despite Cat never officially using that designation.
Do you have a link to the Ritchie site that shows it..? Like KSH I can't find it either.