Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar C-9 not start

tool_king ยท 2010-06-21 18:54

I have a cat c-9 in a 2006 sullair 750h compressor that does not start but cranks .Found fuel sender is not always working .Sullair said it would stop engine from starting.They said to supply in with direct battery power .It started and ordered part. A week later second road call same problem .Did the same thing supply power but no luck .Display will not show hours ,fuel level,temp.But this time compressor will not start and tool will not even power up. Anyone have any ideas on this problem.I have Cat electronic tech for laptop but don't have the correct 9 pin deutsch for this engine ,have the 9 pin for on road diesels .With the correct 9 pin can I use my magikey interface tool to diagnose this engine or do I need the caterpillar interface tool that they sell ?If anyone has any info on this problem please let me know.

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Frazier2010-06-22 22:29

    Please don't post duplicate threads. Thanks

  2. #2barklee2010-06-22 22:41

    Thats funny, because i have a sullair 185 that does the same thing. Mine has the deere motor. If you put direct power on the sender it fire right up. Only does it after it is warmed up and you try to restart it after a break. I wonder if its not something on the sullair end of the machine????? Mine doesnt always do that so its just an annoying problem that happens and the guys know what to do so i never really worried about it much, plus we dont use it much either. Please let me know if you resolve this, i would like to hear what it was!

  3. #3tool_king2010-06-22 22:55

    Sorry about that Steve.