Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

caterpillar cable

tool_king ยท 2011-06-01 23:35

anyone have the pin outs for a caterpillar deutsch nine pin diagnostic plug .I need to to know what pin does what. to make up a diagnostic cable.Any help woul be great.

Replies4
  1. #1cutting edge2011-06-02 00:24

    Read down this link to the can bus pinout section . http://www.interfacebus.com/CAN-Bus-Description-Vendors-Canbus-Protocol.html

  2. #2tool_king2011-06-03 21:29

    I found the pin outs for the plug

  3. #3Jbullfrog2012-04-04 21:38

    Where can I get a 9 pin plug to fit the Cat diagnostic plug? I want to make an adpter harness to be able to use a Genysis EVO, but need the deutsch plug without the center pin tab.

  4. #4tool_king2012-04-04 23:28

    Jbullfrog Check out http://www.laddinc.com/home.html That is were I bought my cable end.They have the pins also good price.You will need part number HD16-9-96S that is the connector and part number 0462-201-16141 are the pins. They sell all kind of connectors male and female. I got the pretty quick with regular shipping ,but you can always have th shipped faster.