Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

long stick

kevink ยท 2011-06-01 20:15

Is there any differences weights,etc from long sticks and reguler excavators. Wondering if I could buy a long stick boom for my excavator. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Replies4
  1. #1tool_king2011-06-01 21:58

    what kind of excavator do you have ?most excavator can be made into a long stick machine.Long stick are meant for dredging work or very deep hole work but with caution .They are not meant for general digging .You can not pick up the same weight thatyou would with a standard excavator

  2. #2nickbowers2011-06-01 23:32

    do you just mean a longer dipper arm? like options from the factory? Or is tool_king on the right track?

  3. #3kevink2011-06-02 22:35

    A 320 cat just looking to get more reach for cleaning out some soft mud.

  4. #4Hawkeye2011-06-07 20:08

    I've converted several 320's, just need to drag more than carry till close to the machine, one machine, we added lead ballast in the counter weight, but I'm told not all machines have room for extra ballast. The long reach arrangements work great for dredging, no heavy excavating. Good Luck