Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar D5B

djordje1 ยท 2020-02-06 15:55

Hello, I would need some help with cat d5b serial 44X01167 After two hours of operating dozer won't steer right, we are changed on right side clutch disc,piston-hub seals, cage, bevel- pinion rollers, oil, cleaned magnetic screen. Dozer steer fine works until warmed up, is there a specific procedure for checking for pressure losing

Replies3
  1. #1Old Magnet2020-02-07 11:53

    What are the other system pressures? Left side steering clutch Pump pressure Pressure after priority valve If all other pressures are correct you still have leaks at the clutch release piston seals.

  2. #2djordje12020-02-07 15:20

    Thanks for the answer, I have not yet checked other system pressure Is it test pressure point for left and right steering clutch located on steering clutch control group left-right pipe elbow Where is located priority valve-pressure port I do have parts book but I don't have information for pressure values should be and where pressure ports are located

  3. #3Old Magnet2020-02-07 18:01

    Those are the correct ports (on the elbows) for checking steering clutch pressures. There should be another port/plug up stream of the steering clutch supply in the line coming from the priority valve. The priority valve is part of the transmission controls. For safety reasons the priority valve supplies oil to the brakes before the transmission. Pump supply pressure should be 380 psi max/280 psi min. measured at the pump or filter port. Steering clutch pressures should be 300 psi min. 340 psi max. (steering clutches released)