Cat d5g xl 2007 *CATOOD5GJWGB04103* Hydrostatic Machines cranks fine but you hear a slight buzzing/vibration. I pulled the floor pan and belly pan then I found that the front pump right behind the engine (there’s two hydro pumps) the line coming out of the top of the pump going to the hydraulic filter is buzzing and vibrating. Once you press the brake release button then line begins to buzz louder and vibrating noticeably more. The dozer still pushed fine but I’m not using it. I checked ports on the picturing I’m attaching and all are at spec with brake down and brake released. Any welp would be great.
I have the same exact issue any idea what it came out to be
Anything on this issue?
Your dozer received a service letter regarding the problem: "The coupling on the charge pumps may fail on certain D3G LGP, D3G XL, D4G LGP, D4G XL, D5G LGP, and D5G XL Track-Type Tractors. This coupling couples the output shaft of the front hystat pump to the input shaft of the rear hystat pump. The splines on the input side of the coupling are stripped. This disables the front charge pump along with the rear charge pump. Without charge pressure, the machine is completely disabled." I suspect the vibration is caused by the initial stage of spline wear.
The machine will function partially