Ha, I finally got see the real thing. A new delivery, D6KXL:usa at NC Machinery in Anchorage. Lot of new machinery coming in for the upcoming season.
Cat D6KXL More pictures of the controls. The RH joystick is for Dozer control The thumb wheel on the RH joystick controls the angle of the dozer. Other buttons are for AccuGrade. The LH joystick is for Speed and Direction control The thumb wheel on the LH joystick is for precise speed contol.
Cat D6KXL One more picture . This one has a ripper .
looks comfortable
nice dozer,thanks for sharing pics!
ohhhh fancy... I like that. What would that thing cost?
39.52$ us for the 1/50 scale model:bouncegri seriously,probably a lot of money!for a dozer full of technology like this one...
shoot..that's even too much for a scale model...lol. I wouldn't mind driving it though. hehe
ha ha,i prefer the real one than the one in 1/50 scale...
yeah me too...why don't you buy it for me and I'll let you drive it..haha
Looks neat! Lets hope CAT revert back to the conventional track style rather than the hideous looking elevated sprocket with the larger models. Only then, I will appreciate CAT machines again. "Dream on" huh? Yeah, don`t wanna also open a can of worms with that "elevated" versus "conventional" argument being covered again neither. :Banghead Regards, Dave:
nice lookin dozer!!
Beautiful machine!:notworthy I recently recieved a new D6T. No better feeling then to sit in a new machine.:drinkup
Thay are really nice to run too, I spent more than enough time on one. But a Deere 700J LGP is still a better pusher.
ha ha why not!!:drinkup just a joke!
:beatsmeI heard they have a electric harness problem. It takes several weeks to get because it's so new. But they said it's nice to operate,
looks like there really is virtually no roll over protection in that cab,or not no but week.
Those cabs are very heavy at the main pillars, and I have seen the smaller ones with D10 style ROPS on them from outside sources like CWS and WBM.
ROPS standards are taken seriously just like seat belts or other safety devices. It will meet/exceed any international requirement and be tagged as such otherwise CAT wouldn't be putting the dozer on the market. As someone else indicated, the strength will preferably be inherent to the cab rather than having huge pillars restricting visibility.
great pic
I just sold a D7G and still own a D6D... But I have never had the opportunity to operate a Cat with an operator's stations that remotely resembles that new D6. Wow!!!!
Unbeleivably nice machine!! We got one at work back in October and it has truly spoiled me. Operator option are unlimited... the little box next to the right window can personalize the machine to different operator "profiles", speed, power, hydraulic sensitivity/speed can all be adjusted... and that's just naming a couple. Ours is also equipped with the Top Con GPS automated machine control system... takes the fun out of operating, but is amazing nonetheless. Perfect subgrade cut to GPS tolerances... all the operator does is dial in the subgrade (below FG) in tenths, flick the switch on the blade control and steer the machine. Overall, very precise fine grade dozer with great ergomonics and more than enough options, smooth enough to make you forget it's still a '6, and can really push with the big boys! Try one out, you'll be spoiled too.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums F-1.08-F.G.! :drinkup
F-1.08-F.G. (that's a lot of dots and dashes!) -- do you have pictures of the machine? I'm glad your review is so glowing.
I continually fool myself into thinking I'd rather stick with my D6D, but that is one comfortable looking cab. Of course, I don't own anything on my machine, so I will continue experiencing the harsh conditions of a OROP cat with frictions and brakes!
okay... got some pics for you guys... now how do I post them?:beatsme
Laying down some stone dust subgrade with the GPS, a look at the blade, the switch on the 8-ball turns the blade to autonomous control, just received it's 500 hr service :drinkup
Operator interface touch-screen with total site layout including contour lines, curbing, DI's, manholes etc..., grade gauges represent left and right blade tip. A look at the receiving unit magnetically mounted on the back right ROPS pillar. Enjoy:drinkup
Pics are up
Sweet pics!
excellent pics very very interesting keep them coming :drinkup
I like it !!!!!
$150-160k . I just traded in my Case 850K for one this week. Hopefully they'll deliver it tomorrow. Just waiting for the welder to finish installing the rake and door screens... already got the windows tinted 35% all the way around and the radio installed. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics by the weekend.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums hhmarshall! :drinkup
hhmarshall did u buy new? Seems kinda cheep! Used CAT.com has one with almost 400hrs and they want a little over $240k for it.
It's brand new... well almost. Has 6 hours on it. But the paint is still on the tracks and blade. It's a D6K XL, full ROPS, cab with a/c, aux hydraulics, sweeps and screens all the way around. I'm not sure why the one you saw listed for so much. The dealer cost for the machine is in the low $140k range. The funny part is that I took a quote from Case for the 1150K (direct competitor of the D6K) just to see where they were, and they initially quoted me over $5000 more than the Cat. I was going to get the Cat anyway, but that just made the choice that much easier.
hhmarshall, just noticed the machine i was looking at was set up for accugrade, guess thats the reason its so much more! Let us know how u like it!
Has anybody heard if the machines are available with just a 4 way blade instead of the PAT blade?
As far as I know, only the PAT blade is available.
At the moment, the D6K is available only with the 6-way PAT -- much as the D5N was only available with the 6-way PAT. I don't know if there are plans to add provisions for a 4-way.
The D6N you can get a 4-way semi u blade which for what i do would be my choice.Don't need a 6-way here luckly! The lift cylinder was the same as the 6-way blade for me i would wether have the other style lift cylinders. Always getting to clearing more here and grubbing stumps and so fore:usa
Thanks for the info guys, just wondering in case we ever decided to downsize. I know the 4 way would suit my business alot better also, I can only imagine what a mesquite stump would do to a PAT blade. Constructo, I have seen the 6N with the 4 way and a 3 shank ripper, they look nice. A mechanic told me they were not holding up very well in the oil patch though. Our old 5h has a 4 way instead of the PAT.
Post some pictures of your dozers sometime.Would like too see the D5H with the 4-way blade. What was not holding up with the D6N.My nephew works for a company that has one,i stopped to visit him and run the N for a little while.I wasn't use to the hydraulic they was fast.Machine didn't seem real balanced,more like an old D6D that i had with the 6 roller frame. It wanted to dip and goug bad.Got use to it ,but sure isn't like the 7 roller frame machines,at least for me.:usa
Here are some pics of my D6K XL. I just had it delivered today.
:notworthyNice dozer! I like the tinted windows.
Constructo, The mechanic just said they were not holding up well. Too much rock and caliche, they were trying to do with the 6n what the 6r's were doing. I will try to get my son to post some pics of the 5h with the 4 way blade and also the back up rippers it is equipped with. hhmarshall, nice dozer, keep us informed on how the K works with the rake.
Wow, that is a nice looking dozer... Makes my old D6D look like it should be in a pasture somewhere.
Nice pictures of your dozer.Thanks for sharing.Just try to keep the trees and brush in front of the blade !!!! They are hard on new paint . No matter how careful you are they get scratched,just hard seeing it scratched when they are new like that.Guess they all was new at one time. Good luck:usa
Yeah I know. I hate to take such a nice machine into the thicket cause I know it wont look new for long.
HHmarshall, Where did you get the guarding for the doors? I can get the guarding for the back and sides, but nothing for the doors. Thanks, John (JEY)
The door screens were custom made by a welder for Mustang Cat in Channelview, TX. They sit just far enough from the glass for the wipers to run behind them. They are also hinged, so all I have to do is take 3 bolts out and I can tie them back. I can get you in touch with the welder if you'd like. My set was the only built for the 6K's so far.
hhmarshall, Thanks for the info. I work for Ohio-CAT and we have a customer that was looking for door guards for the D-6K. Cat does not offer and we could not find another supplier. Yours look good and thanks for the info to go with them. JEY
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JEY! :drinkup
Didn't realize there were videos of the D6K already on YouTube... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=M1uT8MFxGpU&feature=related
thanks for the link Tiger!I like it!it`s my preffered of all the new dozer in the market (ok,it`s because it`s a cat and i`m a fan of cat!)
number Nice machine :thumbsup Is the black number on your side grills the machine serial no? I see one similar on the machine on Utube.
Yeah its the machine serial number.
hhmarshall, do you have any more pics of your D6K? I love it!
That is a great looking machine. A quick glance at the walking gear reminds me of the TD-15s from years back. Does anyone remember how Cat salesmen back then used to bag them??..........C ya........Ray
that is a nice peice of equiptment i just bought a D6N it is so sweet it went on its first job last week. i didnt even want it to get dirty it was so nice but if its getting dirty its making money....
I see a new D6 and it just makes me want to graduate from college that much faster and get a couple years in and buy one. The sad reality is when I do graduate I won't be able to afford the fuel, but dang it is nice.
put you mind to it and you can do it. on the D6n i have the new lazer set up on it all you have to do is drive i love it
Yeah. Here are some more from the day I got it. I can assure you it doesnt look so good anymore. It has spent the last month pretty much only clearing brush. I'll try to get some more pics of it in action too...
Darn -- that's some machine! How's it doing?
I love it. It's quite a step up from the open cab Case I traded in. I haven't run it too much since I got it, but I should be full time on it most of the summer so I'll keep everyone posted with some pics as I go.
That machine looks real good. i really like those new K Series dozers
love to have that for several days.
awesome machine..thanks for the pics!
Keep an eye on the 4 bolts on the back side of C-frame for lower dog bone on blade. They tend to come loose when using a grubbing rack on machine.
Wow... You sure decked here out nice... Love the extra touches... Are going to buy the laser level option?
Wonderfull dozer!! I just finished building the Machine/ accugrade demonstration site for the new Warren CAT store in Tulsa with one. I cant believe i used to think a komatsu 41 was a good finish dozer lol. machine feels very balanced and easy to finish grade with. I got alot of feed back from county guys that the 5k felt sluggish, so i was worried that the traction control would make all the Ks feel doggy, but not so the 6K is the finest finish dozer ive ever ran. I just wish u could release the door from inside the cab, im 300lbs and getting out on both tracks to shut the doors is kind of annoying