I am looking for Caterpillar Diagnostic computer. I need it for heavy equipment, not trucks. Does anybody know where I can find something used? Or even new, I am having hard time getting at all.
You will need a laptop computer, loaded with CAT ET ( electronic technician) and a CAT Comunications adapter ( I or II) as well as the correct cable to connect to your machine(s). There are 2 ET versions, customer and dealer, of course the customer version will NOT allow as deep access OR allow faults to be cleared. Both require a subscription, and allow access to parts. Service letters, special instructions, and dealer specific info are only available on Dealer ET. See your Cat dealer for pricing and make sure they detail time for training.
Check out ebay.Their are listings on their for what you need .Laptop already loaded and come the cat interface tool and cables.Put in nexiq and see what comes or cterpillar communication.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CATE...QptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools#ht_698wt_1166 here is the link to the one I am looking to buy. What do you think?....Can I use this for equipment or just truck engines?
maquinariawiebe that computer looks a great .But to use it on Caterpillar offroad equipment you need the caterpillars interface adaptor and the cat 9 pin deutsch which it a little different from the on road adaptor.
I would call a CAT Dealer and get information on this.I was told at least $3,000 or more then so much a month for updates etc.The one for Highway Trucks is about $3,000 with free updates.
I have the customer version of ET and it does machines and trucks. The com II (not the wireless one) cost about $700.00 a few years ago. The program costs about $1500.00 and then $1200.00 each year if you want the update, and the cost of the laptop. The customer version will allow you to clear most fault codes and some events. The only ones I have found that wont clear is the codes for aftertreatment on trucks. You can perform all diagnostic and calibrations with it. It will not let you flash ecm's. That is about the only differences I have found between the customer version and the dealer version I had when I was Field Mechanic at Cat dealer.
Lonestar is right on the money here, we have the same set up, full service customer ET and SIS. The cat dealer will set you up completely even with laptop if you need it.
I believe CAT is very senstive wth Territorys. I buy parts from Wagner in El Paso. Really good service! But there is a dealer closer to me where I should be buying parts from, I don't buy there because more expensive, takes longer for them to get the parts, and the whole, not being able to speak spanish fluentley, really gets in the way when trying to order parts.
My new toy.
maquinariawiebe The computer looks great .Is it a cf-29 looks likes one. Is it the one fro Ebay? Good luck with it.
It is the one from eBay. It has minor wear but the guy who owned it before kept real good care of it. She starts up like a new computer, seems like he never connected it to the internet.
I need the basics of CAT diagnostic tools ET & SIS. I shall remain grateful if any body help me by providing basic knowledge of ET & SIS
As above. To run SIS-WEB (the on-line version of SIS) your local dealer needs to set you up an account consisting of a login ID & a password. Unless you are a VERY good customer they will charge you an annual fee for this service. To run ET you need the ET program installed on your computer, but that's only the first step. Then it needs to be licenced by the local dealer and it is a case of 1 licence covers 1 computer. If you want to run it on multiple computers you need multiple licences. The Customer version of ET will do everything that the Cat Dealer version will do WITH THE EXCEPTION of allowing you to upload (flash) software into ECMs and also clear certain events logged in ECMs that require a Factory Password to clear them. To connect ET to a machine you need the Communication Adapter. Version 3 is the latest iteration of the cable-connected version. There is also a Wireless Comms Adapter available. The Comms Adapter also needs software installed on your PC for it to run but the CD with that software comes in the box with the Comms Adapter. Part Numbers are: - Comms Adapter 3 - 317-7484 ($1000 approx.) Wireless Comms Adapter - 261-3363 ($1700 approx.) Comms Adapter 2 - 171-4400. You may be able to get a used one via eBay but be warned if you are using a recent version of ET software (say 2008 or newer) a Comms Adapter 2 WILL NOT WORK ......... Customer ET is available through the Caterpillar Literature system NOT the Parts system and I think is Media Reference NEXG4523. Dealer version is JERD2129 but you won't get a copy of that one. As others have said above it costs about $1200 to buy initially and about $1000/year to maintain the licence and get automatic ET software upgrades. These usually come out about twice a year.
I see from the photo it has SIS on it. Is that SIS-WEB or is it already installed on the hard drive ..? Does it have ET installed..? If so what version..?
I have had trouble with the wireless comm adapter while flashing and wont use it now. I would stick with the comm 3. Sis disks are better than nothing but sis web has better up to date info. We charge $100 a month for the ET subscription.
I tend to use the Wireless Comm Adapter for diagnostics so I can sit within line of sight in the pickup while the machine runs and I can monitor it without having to try to squeeze myself (or the laptop) in a corner of the cab. I honestly never even thought of trying to use a wireless comm adapter for uploading software. Agreed regarding SIS disks. Superceded part numbers should get picked up at the time you order them. The only major difficulty is if a D&A or T&A procedure has been updated it won't be on the disks. Also I've seen a few cases where part numbers are changed on a certain model but not cancelled out of the system because they are used in other applications. Disk won't pick that change up either.
Thats how i use the comm adapters but if i was only going to have one, it would be a comm 3. Sis disks are used for back up if we loose or cant get internet. If you are working on a new machine, it is likely it won't be on the disks. They never seem to be up to date. sisweb also has a bunch of info that disks dont. I use SIMSi, TMI almost every day.
does anyone know if cat has fixed the windows 7 issue yet?
THANK YOU Mr. Nige for your valuable suggestion & information in response to my quarry - Kaushik
An error in the information above. Cat Full Service Customer ET Media Reference is NEXG5007, NOT NEXG4523 as posted.
cat 3408 engine Hi we have a cat engine 3406 down in power we clean all the tank and lines and fuel filters and air filters l sure the fuel pump this down on pressure what the best way to fix the problem ????
Hello everybody. Does anyone know if there is a tool that we can use to change the hour meter on caterpillar heavy machinery?
Why do you want to change the hour meter and specifically what machine are you talking about..?
Always used the WCA for flashing .. The COM'3's are not reliable .. Many a time the tool would loose connection, Blank the ECM .. Then you would have to reset everything, restart the laptop etc .. Only time I used it was on industrial engines as the WCA would not communicate. LEE: Why would you go on TMI everyday? Only time I use TMI is to get FLS & FTS and configuration's for the odd ECM failure. You guys not get SIS discs every 3 month?
I use TMI a lot for other things than engine performance parameters, and I'm probably into it almost every day for one reason or another. Did you realize that complete machine test data from some plants in now in TMI-WEB..? Very useful if you're doing commissioning or if you have a low-hour machine with a performance issue and want to compare what you have now with what it was when it left the factory. I also use TMI for parts breakdowns of (generally small) components just to double check SIS in case there are repair kits or individual repair parts that are not listed in SIS to avoid having to replace a complete item. A lot of the time I can find parts breakdowns that are not listed in SIS. Last but not least you can look at TMI to check what vintage of component you have. It will list all the Change Levels of a component, the dates associated with those changes, and lastly the Part Number changes associated with them. So if you have a part or parts in an assembly/component that need to be specific or they won't fit and SIS isn't clear which one is right for you, TMI allows you to make sure that you order exactly the correct one for your component. TMI is also useful for breaking down things like hydraulic hoses to individual fitting part numbers if you can't get into the Hydraulic Information System.
What is service information system ( SIS ) & what SIS CD's are all about ? What is TMI all about ? May anyone explain please.
SIS is a Caterpillar system that contains service information for pretty much every Cat model ever built. It has Parts Books, Technical manuals, Operator manuals & a whole lot more. It is available on-line (SIS-WEB) and also in CD/DVD format as disks that are updated every 3 months. The CD/DVD format is generally more useful for those users who do not have internet capability out in the field but it has the disadvantage that the on-line resource are updated daily with new information, the disks obviously only contain information up to the point where they were produced. TMI (Technical Marketing Information) is another on-line Cat resource that contains information regarding engines & components (e.g. dyno test results & fuel setting information). Again an extremely useful tool for Cat equipment users. To get any of the above requires a subscription to be taken out via the local Cat Dealer. How much they charge for the service depends on how good a cusatomer you are.
For example on a Cat 962G wheel loader.
OK, so we have the machine sorted. Why do you need to change the hour meter ..?
He's given it a rattle can overhaul and want the meter to reflect it's apperance....
I was thinking much the same thing ..... unless he proves me worng that is.
For sure this is why I want to reduce the hours. I am not trying to hide from anyone. And all I am asking is : can I do this with a specific tool or I have to get access into flash memory with the difficult way.
Simple answer. You can't reduce the hours. The hour meter reading is part of the ECM permanent memory (not flash memory unfortunately for you) and the only way to reduce the reading is to replace the ECM complete. It would cost you far more to do this than the Du Pont overhaul that you've just given the machine. Using either ET or a click box you can increase the hour meter reading. This is for cases where a replacement ECM is fitted to a machine that already has "X" hours. Obviously the hour meter reading from the new ECM is zero, so the system provides that the number can be increased to reflect the true machine hours, "X" as per this example. Cat obviously thought of people like you when they designed the safeguards of the electronic hourmeter system.
Thank you very much for your answer. I think that it is possible to change the hour meter but it is very difficult due to the fact that I have to check where is the data of the hourmeter stored ( in the ECM ) and then set my own value in the slots of the memory. Well I will give a try and come back to you with the results. Once again thank you very much.
is this the ET SIS, where did you get it from? How much?
I am looking for a diagnostic tool that allow us to work in many manufacturs such CAT, Komatsu, Case, John Deere, etc. Is the such tool? I was told that I only need a power laptop and find someone with all the requirement software and cables. Look for answers
every manufacture equipment is different and pricey, i just got cat et customer version, my laptop 1500.00 , et install - liscence- com3 3350.00, sis dvd 2000.00 per year, et only good for 365 days then it 1800.00 for 365 more ect.
mecaicodiego98 I use Pocket Fleet Diagnose is good .It is pretty cheap for the money for tha cat and cummins along with Cat Et,Cummins Insite and other software .Give me a call at 1-201-832-1606 if you have any questions I can fill you in more.
Is there a way to connect an OTC Genysis Evo to a 3412E Cat engine? I have the 9pin socket adpater for trucks. The connector on this 2001 3412 engine is the same layout but there isn't a slot on the center pin like a truck. We had it overhauled and I want to use a scan tool to monitor it's pressures and temperatures while it breaks in.
I have a 261-3363 Communication Adapter Group (Wireless) for sale for $700
sorry ,i don't know
Glad to see that this worked out well. Good to know that Ebay delivered for your you.
This Caterpillar Diagnostic Equipment is produces a large variety of construction equipment, such as trucks, bulldozers and high speed diesel engines.
2018A Cat ET software as Cat Caterpillar ET 2017A Software update version, 2018A Caterpillar Electronic Technician softwarer With CAT ET 3 Cat caterpillar adapter 3 support caterpillar diagnostic till 2018.
What ever you do, do not deal with a company called Mektool. They just did me for 1850 USD. They are based in China, won't reply to any emails and with Covid 19 happening they obviously are going to steal my money. Chinese Cunts. Be Warned. Mike.
Don't hold back. Why don't you tell us what you really think....?
Gee! if anyone out there can figure out how to do it with At ET could I ask that they next work on a simple modification to the software on the computer for my bank? Just need to change the (-) to (+) when I make a withdrawal. All that needs doing is to add a vertical line to the (-), should be an easy change to make!
I am using Caterpillar ET 2017C with Caterpillar Communication Adapter 3 and this setup works great. I bought genuine adapter from CAT and paid around 700$ if I recall right.
A couple of quick questions: I found a Caterpillar Communication Adapter 2 that comes with compatible ET software. If I purchase it and install the ET software on a PC will it work even though it is not the most current version? Will I need any licenses or subscriptions? I don't regularly work on CAT equipment, but I own/use CAT machines for my business and I would like to learn how to diagnose and repair things myself. Any advice would be appreciated.
It will still work but you will have license it and may not work on newer stuff .What software version is it ?
It is version 2002A.
A software version that old is not likely to want to communicate with later-model machines. As a ball park say anywhere between 2010-2015 or newer. As ECMs change the communication requirements change and the enhanced communication contained in the newer versions of ET software. Not sure if ET2021 is out yet but I was using ET2020 only a few weeks ago.
2021A is out now
I've been told perkins com adapter is the same as cat. Does that mean I can read a cat ecu with perkins est or just use use perkins com adapter with the cat software. I've never tried plugging into a cat with perkins. Would this work on a perkapillar ecu.
Will the cat software work on hyundai excavators with mitsubishi engines(basicly a cat) does anyone know?
Cat software will not on Hyundai .The have there own. What model are you working on ? You will need Mitsubishi engine software for the engine.
hello i have 2009 f750 with a cat c7 thats any one knows how to force regent
it is shuts down and give me this codes 3474-00 aftertreatment #1 loss of combustion high most severe and 1110-00 engine protection system has shutdown engine high most severe