Hi everybody! I have worked at caterpillar dealer in Greece from 2005 until Sempteber 2016..I opened my own workshop and i work on my own..Nice forum..Nice to meeting you all!! Happy to help or get helped!!
Welcome, and good luck with the new business!
Welcome Nanis. Always cool to see another part of the world represented. Is there much for 1960 and older Cats in Greece?
Hi my friend !! 1960 and older not to many but 1960 and after some exist..I am kind of young for these dates.. I was borne in 1982 .. But I remember my dads bulldozer was a D9G with pony start !!! That's were I began at age of 5 years old.. I was also working at my fathers workshop after school and the models I remember as a kid was , 931,955, 941 ,977 crawler loader 910 , 930 , 950 , 966 A,B,C series wheel loaders ,D6C , D8H,D8K, D9G bulldozers , 225 , 235 excavators and others .In 2005 I went at caterpillar dealer and I worked on new models.. It was like starting from the beginning!!! I like new models and electronics but I respect the old ones !!!
Thanks for the feedback. Its cool that you like electronics. You will probably have a lot of use for that knowledge on the new models. Does Greece have a lot of envirionmental rules pertaining to heavy equipment engines. Last October when I was visiting Caterpillars' Peoria factory for 4 days I seen many different engines and machines destined for different parts of the world. Some had 30 or more wires going to sensors around the exhaust system (United States models) while the same machine headed for export had nothing but a bare exhaust in some cases. Just curious what Greece has for pollution controls on heavy equipment.
My friend, here is Greece..Rules is a big word for this country.Anyway, now i think we are Euro 5 emissions standards...I sure know that the old models machines with just a pipe for an exhaust,are still working!!But 60% is euro4 a 30% is euro5 and a 10% are the vintage...The news ones you saw with a lot of cables at the exhaust have the DPF ''Diesel particulate filter'' witch they imported in Greece last year...The truth is that caterpillar machines constitute the 70% of heavy machinery in Greece..And i am glad seeing new models imported in my country..Something like that gives me future..And also the word future is a big word in Greece because every morning we wake up and don t know what is going to happen...But we don t give up..I don t give up, i will do what ever it needs to survive and i am not afraid because i know how to search, fix or create something!!And all the guys exist in this forum i believe they have the same way of thinking.. Sorry if i wrote too much and i want to apologize for any mistakes in my English writing. i need a little practice!!
Thanks my friend!!
Just right!