Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar to purchase Bucyrus International

shovelman ยท 2010-11-15 17:51

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already! If it's actually approved, I wouldn't shocked to learn a few months later that Cat was selling the trucks and underground equipment to Joy Global. Here's the official; http://www.cat.com/cda/files/2535301/7/111510

Replies4
  1. #1DirtHauler2010-11-15 17:56

    someone beat you too it this morning in a different catigory of the site. Your's probobly is in the right section. This being general, the other being mining.

  2. #2shovelman2010-11-15 18:14

    Dirt Hauler, Unfortunately, there is no "mining" category on HEF. It was not my intention to be redundant, so hopefully a moderator can simply remove this post? Thanks

  3. #3DirtHauler2010-11-15 19:03

    yeah, i think of other as mining Heavy Equipment Forums > Earthmoving Equipment > Other Earthmoving Equipment :drinkup :drinkup good thing is maybe more people will see it now, CAT is spending TONS of money in the last 6 months, they bought EMD locomotive division from General Motors too.

  4. #4alco2010-11-15 22:54

    I'd actually be very surprised to see them sell the Unit Rig line to Joy. That would simply mean more competition for their new electric line. I think we're far more likely to see them discontinue the Unit Rig line and sell off the rights to manufacture replacement parts for them. Just to clarify, Cat did not buy EMD from General Motors. GM sold EMD a few years ago to an equity company, and Cat bought EMD from them.