Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Catterpillar CX28 transmission speedometer not correct

Hamza@1997 ยท 2022-09-27 01:09

Hi; My name is Hamza, and I am working as an automobile engineer in a reputed truck company that makes commercial vehicles. Currently, I am working on catterpillar-based transmission ( Cat CX28). Whenever I shift from high to low, the speedometer does not give an accurate value. We found out that we wired the transfer case in the wrong way. Using the cat's official wiring, we corrected the wiring of the transmission to the transfer case. However, still, with the new wiring, our speedometer is not correct. We took the help of CAT ET ( Electronic Technician). I found out that there is a switch that is not available. The name of that switch is the low Range sense switch. CAT ET shows that this switch is unavailable. I believe that the low range sense switch is actually a detent switch (The detent switch is mentioned in the CAT wiring diagram). The detent switch is working as it should. It basically shorts the two terminals, and lets transmission know that the LOW range has been engaged. But, still, our speedometer is not correct and the smart low-range indicator is not working. If there is any CAT expert, please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2022-09-27 12:43

    Can you supply a Serial Number for the transmission please. Also can you give the Cat Media reference for the electrical schematic that you are using.? It will be in a format something like SENR1234.

  2. #2Hamza@19972022-09-27 17:14

    The media reference number is -KENR5098-04 and the transmission serial number is: CX28 Transmission for Combat and Tactical Vehicles TBB00001-UP (MACHINE)

  3. #3Nige2022-09-28 04:32

    I've sent you something that might help. Check your PMs.

  4. #4Hamza@19972022-09-28 08:11

    My messages are empty, can you confirm where you have sent it Here is my email incase you are willing to sent the files [email protected]

  5. #5Welder Dave2022-09-28 15:42

    Wow, at 15 (if your profile is correct) you seem wise beyond your age. I know people 3 times your age that couldn't be nearly as articulate as you are. Hope you get your speedo issue resolved.