Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Simpler Trans Temp Gauge

Birken Vogt · 2022-09-26 23:48

I am wondering if anyone makes a simpler trans temp gauge for my 2006 GM 3500 with 4L80. I don't need or want a big full size dial with 270° sweep cluttering up the dash or hitting my knee. It just needs to be something very small that I can refer to if necessary. Also rather not physically tap into a cooler line. It would seem it could be easily measured with a sender that clips onto a line. #1 is more important than #2. I am sure tapping a line would be no big deal with the proper kit. I just have a thing against hacking up interiors.

Replies3
  1. #1Mike_272022-09-27 01:16

    How about a bluetooth ODBII adapter, and app like Torque on your phone. https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Wireless-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B005NLQAHS/?th=1 https://wiki.torque-bhp.com/view/Main_Page https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/64780-trans-temp-gauge/

  2. #2Welder Dave2022-09-28 15:48

    Wow! It's amazing what you can do with your cel. phone.

  3. #3Mike_272022-09-28 16:05

    Here is the correct link for adding the transmission temperature to the dashboard. I messed other one ... https://www.silveradosierra.com/threads/adding-trans-temps-to-torque-app.491858/