Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cavo 310 skidsteer

redlaker1 ยท 2008-09-15 13:12

just thought I would start a thread about one of my favourite "skidsteers" its an atlas copco CAVO 310. its pneumatic, and its ear splitting loud. you operate it standing on a small platform on the side, the bucket throws right past your face into a hopper on the back, when the hopper is full you back up to where you are dumping and throw it. these are used in narrow vein underground mining but there arent too many around these days. should make you appreciate a nice comfy skidsteer cab http://www.jjmachineworks.com/cavo_310_video_01.wmv there is a video of one moving around

Replies9
  1. #1shane2008-09-15 13:38

    I had no idea such a machine existed. That's cool, and thanks for putting that up.......=)

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2008-09-15 14:52

    I bet you learn real quick not to lean forward while scooping! That does not look like a fun way to spend 1 hr much less 8 hrs.

  3. #3stumpjumper832008-09-15 17:32

    very cool machine, but one more reason I like to work on the surface, rather than below. Oh, I didnt see any sort of a cutting edge or teeth on that one, hows that work?

  4. #4bigblueox2008-09-15 22:33

    man that thing is in good shape! looks new. those things are wild to see work. quick scoopers! i think the coal is so soft and mostly fractured from blasting it scoops up easily.

  5. #5redlaker12008-09-15 23:53

    that is a freshly rebuilt cavo, I saw it on a website from a company that rebuilds them. they really are amazing to see work with a skilled operator. all the cavos and muck machines I have seen had cutting edges like that, they scoop up freshly blasted muck. it is a unique bucket shape though I have ran them and aside from keeping your face away from the bucket, you have to really pay attention so you don't pin yourself against the wall..

  6. #6AndyGrevis2008-09-16 02:21

    Omfg so its all the time connected to that pneumo hose? but looks funny as h**

  7. #7stumpjumper832008-09-16 06:40

    well I thought that the bucket would hae some sort of a wear edge on it.... oh well thats what i get for thinking.

  8. #8shane2008-09-16 21:56

    I was going to ask, but decided to try and find out myself. No luck. What size compressor does it take and at what pressures ?

  9. #9redlaker12008-09-16 22:21

    I am not sure of the air compressor requirement, where I work we run the air at 100-115psi and those machines run a 2.5" air line. I imagine our compressors have a capacity in the range of at least 50,000CFM, but I cant say what this machine consumes alone