Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CB’s Fancy Smancy Photo Gallery

Countryboy ยท 2007-09-24 19:29

Well it was a real ordeal to round up the rest of them little adapters today so that I can post pictures......SO without further adue..... Cat 140H Grader Cat 815B Compactor John Deere 8220 Tractor w/ Lot Leveler GM GP-7 Locomotives Furukawa HCR1500-ED Track Drill

Replies223
  1. #1Countryboy2007-09-24 19:34

    Cat D6R XW Cat D7R Cat D8R Komatsu HD465 Haul Trucks

  2. #2Countryboy2007-09-24 19:37

    Cat 320B had the long reach boom and stick but the stick is MIA right now. :beatsme Cat 330C Hitachi Zaxis 450 Komatsu PC-400s

  3. #3King of Obsolete2007-09-24 19:43

    glad you have been given the gift of sight as we say on posting pictures. more please. thansk

  4. #4Countryboy2007-09-24 19:49

    Well King I spent the last hour trying to find all the equipment scattered all over the place. Its dark out now so my gift of sight is currently unavailable until tomorrow. I should say that all the equipment shown, except for the locomotives, belong to our overburden contractor. 2 weeks ago they pulled half their fleet until next year. There are normally (8) PC-400 hoes and 12 Cat 773E haul trucks but they won't be back until next year. Tomorrow I'll try to get some pictures of our equipment.

  5. #5King of Obsolete2007-09-24 19:58

    excellent, pictures on the BB really make popular, it worked for playboy magazine, LOL that is a lot of nice equipmnet in good shape. thansk for sharing and i'm on the istant email list for when add the other pictures. thansk

  6. #6Countryboy2007-09-24 22:40

    A couple more from inside my "office" where I spend most of my time. Rail bins. We load the cars out of the bins. The track runs underneath. The rail scale monitor where we see the weights of the cars. The truck scales where we see the weights of the customer trucks. My little control panel that operatoes the doors on the rail and truck bins. Where I tend to spend way to much time.....or not enough. :drinkup

  7. #7Countryboy2007-09-24 22:49

    And last one for tonight. All my computers.....I feel like I'm in the Matrix. :laugh The second pciture is how it normally stays in here, nice and dark so I can see out of the windows without all the glare from the lights inside.

  8. #8King of Obsolete2007-09-24 22:50

    since you are in the USA, what are the weights on the rail cars and trucks. i loaded a lots of railcars and truck with scrap in the Great White North. just checking to see what the difference would be. also what would be the length and volume of the railcars. good thing you are here, if you posted big-naturals, digger would be awake so fast, LOL thansk

  9. #9Countryboy2007-09-24 22:56

    Max gross weight for the cars is 143.00 tons. We kinda have a mixed batch of cars here so the lenghts differ a good bit.....I'd say as a guesstimate, shortest 41' and the longest 52'.

  10. #10King of Obsolete2007-09-24 22:56

    also are you guys running vibrators on the bin or is the product that dry it slides out??? thansk

  11. #11Countryboy2007-09-24 22:58

    All the rock is wet because it is washed in the screen. No fines are left in the clean rock so it flows freely without the need for vibration.

  12. #12King of Obsolete2007-09-24 22:59

    oh those are small, we used to load 65 foot and get 90 ton payload of scrap. you guys are getting nice weight if the car tare is 35 tons. are you aloud to ice cream cone the car or water level only??? thansk

  13. #13King of Obsolete2007-09-24 23:01

    up here everything has vibrators on the bins, the cold and rain is what does it. so when you are loading does the train pull a head as you dump or just sit til the car is full and then move?? things are different in the south, i feel a headache coming on form all this learning, LOL thansk

  14. #14Countryboy2007-09-24 23:01

    Its all heaped on top to allow for maximum weight. If it was left level, we would lose our rear on freight.

  15. #15EZ TRBO2007-09-24 23:09

    Thanks for the pics CB, aint this fancy technology swell, or is that a huge pain in the butt. I guess it depends on the day. thanks again Trbo

  16. #16King of Obsolete2007-09-24 23:10

    five years ago we could ice cream cone and now everything is water level. and they wonder why we are going broke in canada. i was 7 feet over the sides here and since i'nm the KING that hauled it. http://kingofobsolete.ca/ILFORD_MISSION_WEBPAGE.html (wher is digger??? i have used lots of key words to wake him up,maybe he is cuddling on the couch on a monday watch CSI miami, LOL) thansk

  17. #17Countryboy2007-09-24 23:16

    I have my phone set to take pictures within the parameters of the site so its pretty simple. I take the pictures, take the memory card out of the phone and put it in the reader, plug in the reader and post up pictures. No resizing at all. Pretty slick. The material being loaded probably makes the difference. If a piece of that metal fell of, it would be totally different than a couple 1/4" diameter rocks. :beatsme

  18. #18King of Obsolete2007-09-24 23:23

    you guys nd this phone are hard to get use to. i carry in my pocket, my wallet thansk to all the rookie cops straight from the academny(we never carry anything like that until a year ago) my keys to get in everthing out the KINGDOM, no padlocks in the KINGDOM they only keep out and honest thief and my pocket alarm clock from wal-mart. my life as a single parnet is based on xena's school and the alarm clock rings loud enough i can hear it with ear plugs in the loader to get her. a phone that takes picture, oh i could have fun with digger,i might have to look at one of those when i'm in the south, LOL thansk

  19. #19Countryboy2007-09-25 22:20

    Since some of yall were asking to see my Chevy awhile back.....here it is. Its in sad shape right now bur I just paid off my Nissan (next post) so its time to get back to work. Yes, paint is in the near future....

  20. #20Countryboy2007-09-25 22:21

    The stickers on the hood add to the horse power.

  21. #21King of Obsolete2007-09-25 22:38

    i like the chevy, it would survive the so-called road to lynn lake plus i could make my ex-wife's house a drive thru with those bumpers, LOL thansk

  22. #22fireman0502007-09-25 22:59

    thats some nice pics you can now post some pics of your departments fire trucks

  23. #23Countryboy2007-09-25 23:13

    Thanks for the compliments guys. :drinkup Yes Fireman, I'm gonna have to work on that.

  24. #24King of Obsolete2007-09-25 23:15

    yes those are not "girly man" bumpers, LOL thansk

  25. #25Countryboy2007-09-26 01:11

    A little bit about the bumpers. The front bumper came from a guys 1982 Chevy C30. That was his flatbed welding truck that he used to repair equipment in his logging company. Being 2 wheel drive, it always got stuck. He built the bumper so a grapple skidder could just back up to it, latch on and pull him out. The guy got a new truck and sold me the bumper for $30. The rear bumper was made by me. The only thing I did to it was cut 4 ft out of the center, weld in a reciever hitch and weld in mounts. The hitch and mounts are all double reinforced in front and back. I got that big hunk of steel from in front of Kroger when they were doing some remodeling to the front of the store. I found the roll bars when a guy asked me if I wanted an Oak tree that had fallen in his horse pasture. I went out there for the free firewood and spotted them sitting in the corner of the pasture. When I inquired about them, he told me I could have them for free too. He said they were there when he bought the land. He couldn't move them so he just left them there. It took me and 2 other guys to get them in the truck. Between the roll bars and the front and rear bumpers, I got close to 950 lbs of extra weight. Its a real tank. :drinkup I got some mudboggin' pictures in my truck. I'm going to try to take pictures of those (don't have a scanner ) and see how they turn out.

  26. #26Countryboy2007-09-26 19:01

    A couple of our equipment. I wanted to take more but the meetings seem to be endless.....I think we have meetings about meetings sometimes. Cat 991K and 990G Series II Cat 773C converted to a water truck

  27. #27DigDug2007-09-26 19:21

    Great pictures Countryboy.:drinkup

  28. #28equipment fan2007-09-27 07:32

    yeah,very nice!Nice equipment at this site,can we have a pic of the 991k?Please.:notworthy

  29. #29Countryboy2007-09-27 18:40

    In my last post, in the first picture, the one on the left is the 991.....atleast for now anywayz.

  30. #30Countryboy2007-09-27 19:12

    Found this interesting contraption out in "the sticks" today. Couldn't find the manufacturer name.......all it said on the side was "Super 6". The pictures didn't come out so well.

  31. #31Countryboy2007-09-27 19:18

    For all the demo guys....:drinkup Mental Note: Do not use zoom on the camera. :bash Cat 943 track loader and Komatsu PC-100 hoe doing demo.

  32. #32Countryboy2007-09-27 19:21

    The building was built last year and was occupied by a loan office. It was probably only 8 months old. :beatsme Max zoom is terrible. :Banghead Cat 312 w/ thumb.

  33. #33Countryboy2007-09-27 19:23

    A couple of our locomotives.....

  34. #34Cat4202007-09-27 19:46

    The "super 6" looks like an old Pettibone. You're right about the phone zoom though. It's much better to just walk closer

  35. #35dumptrucker2007-09-27 19:47

    The first picture , the one in the "sticks" is a pettibone liftall. I used to run one at a log mill for true temper . We used it for stacking logs and feeding the mill. Was an oldie but worked real well.

  36. #36Countryboy2007-09-27 19:53

    Yup, we're gonna fix that in the next round of pictures. You really can't tell in the pictures ......but its in mint condition.

  37. #37dumptrucker2007-09-27 20:01

    what are you loading out in the rail cars ? I have a cousing that runs a quarry operation in ct. They load out all the crushed stone on their own railway and it goes to their barge loading facility. They load the barges and the barges are sent to ny city.

  38. #38Countryboy2007-09-27 20:11

    We load crushed stone too....Granite to be more specific. Its shipped to customers and several of our distribution yards in Georgia, Florida and sometimes the Carolinas and Alabama.

  39. #39Countryboy2007-09-30 21:52

    The Cat 320 Long Reach....finally put together. Will be used to dip out our sediment ponds.

  40. #4095zIV2007-10-01 00:24

    Are those locomotives on lease or did you buy them from BN?

  41. #41Countryboy2007-10-01 00:30

    We purchased them from a dealer out of Alabama. It wasn't BN though. We bought them about 7 years ago, fully refurbished including paint.

  42. #42BrianHay2007-10-01 03:34

    Great pictures CB I love the Chevy :yup thanks for sharing

  43. #43Countryboy2007-10-01 04:46

    Thanks Brian. :thumbsup Ol' Bessy is my pride and joy and has been neglected for a while now. She's about to get the special treatment in a little bit though.

  44. #44LowBoy2007-10-02 21:58

    What's the special treatment, CB...Probably a nylon tow strap hooked to the rear bumper of a FORD.. :naughty :laugh :falldownlaugh :lmao :shf opcorn:stirthepot

  45. #45Countryboy2007-10-02 22:20

    Where else ya sposed to pull from when a Ford's brokedown in the mud? :beatsme

  46. #46King of Obsolete2007-10-02 23:27

    countryboy, for only learning how to post pictures less then a week ago, you are getting pretty good. how about posting pictures of the ladies at work, this will wake up digger, i have let him sleep for the last couple of night. a man needs his rest once in a while, LOL yes digger canadian turkey day is this weekend, i thought i would remind you, LOL thansk

  47. #47LowBoy2007-10-03 20:16

    King of 'O...it doesn't pay to post pics of women on here, they mysteriously somehow keep turning into boat motors, boots, and other inanimate objects. I wonder if you use reverse psychology and post a picture of a boat motor with a female name, if it would turn into.... a....naaaahhhh. Forget it.

  48. #48King of Obsolete2007-10-03 20:53

    just trying to keep the thread alive and off topic, LOL will see if i have a picture f the boat motor and maybe it will in to that lady of my dreams (i dought she wouldmove to the KINGDOM when she finds out i have no money, LOL) thansk

  49. #49Countryboy2007-10-22 01:18

    Well, I've been slacking on pictures but I did get a picture of this Volvo 330 while I was sitting at a red light. There were several other new pieces in the area but the cars kept getting in the way . A couple seconds after I took this picture both lanes were full of traffic. People think they can just drive where ever they want....I'M TRYING TO TAKE PICTURES HERE!!! These two are while loading a railcar.

  50. #50nedly052007-10-22 05:25

    That looks like quite the operation where you work CB!!!

  51. #51Electra_Glide2007-10-22 08:44

    Work !!!???!!!??? I think all the guy does is sit at the computer and post on HEF... :falldownlaugh :avid :stirthepot

  52. #52Countryboy2007-10-22 19:53

    Yeah, its a fairly large operation. I'm just lucky that I only have to worry about my little corner of it. Well.....well.....atleast.....well....... (comes back about 10 minutes later) ...... Ahh, OK you got me.

  53. #53Countryboy2007-10-25 21:11

    Well, this is what I found when I got to work......day shift derailed 4 cars. :bash The gauge of the track was out of spec where they came off. It is supposed to be 57 1/2 inches but when we measured it, the gauge was at 60 inches. The wheels started dropping in the flange-way causing the outside rail to roll over. A re-railing company will be out Saturday to put them back on....charging the big bucks of course . Easy night for me tonight. I'll try to stop by and get some pictures when they start to put them back on.

  54. #54Countryboy2007-10-25 21:14

    You can see in this picture how far the rail rolled over. :Banghead

  55. #55Countryboy2007-10-25 21:15
  56. #56trainwreck2007-10-25 23:56

    looks just like the amtrack we pick up last night. the had 3 locomotives off all with 2 wheels on the ground due to rolled rail.we just frogged the back on and sent them on there way.

  57. #57Countryboy2007-10-26 00:11

    I've tried to get them to invest in a set of re-railers but they like to spend the big bucks to have someone else do it. Something like these are the kind I've been looking at. If they would spend the $1600 then 99% of our re-railing can be done inhouse. Our current method is to roll the wheels on steel plate and slide them over with a loader. Empty cars are easy but loaded ones can be a real pain. Those re-railers can save alot of work.

  58. #58trainwreck2007-10-27 00:39

    we use a similar thing to that. the funny thing is they can be more of a pain than they are worth some times. in your case it would take alot of digging to use them being that the rail in your yard it full of rock. if the frogs do not sit flat on the ties you can cause more damage.

  59. #59Lashlander2007-10-27 01:09

    Man I hate it when that happens.:cussing Maybe CB needs to get out there with a shovel and clean out between the tracks.:yup

  60. #60LowBoy2007-10-28 16:18

    See that. CB leaves for a few hours, and the place turns to shambles.

  61. #61Countryboy2007-10-28 21:19

    Yeah, I see your point. We actually do have some places that are clean and they would come in handy. That place just happened to not be one of them. :bash Actually, the fact that they are filled in makes it easier to put them back on the track. We put the steel plates down, pull the wheels onto them then push the truck over with a loader. If the tracks were clean, we wouldn't be able to use the plates. We would have to use the re-railers, which could save some time in the right circumstances, BUT don't look like you would want to have to move them too much. Ya got that right..... Naw, we'll chalk that one up to the track company not checking the gauge. They were just out the day before stabilizing a couple of the switches. They are supposed to do a complete inspection (check gauge, check wear on rail head, check switches, cross-ties, etc.) but they've been slacking. My supervisor has called them out on shotty workmanship in the past. I would post the name of the company but thats not my battle. If I start getting the bill at my house it'll be a little different.

  62. #62Countryboy2007-11-06 20:45

    Cat 345C L with 16,000 lb. NPK hammer about to get a bath. Automatic greasing system and fire suppression system.

  63. #63Countryboy2007-11-06 20:48

    More of the 345... And a picture of a Cat 12H grade for Grader4me.

  64. #64equipment fan2007-11-07 07:43

    nice excavator and hammer!

  65. #65Countryboy2007-11-07 18:27

    We'll start off with some loader pictures..... Cat 990 & 992 Cat 988G and 980G Cat 990 and 980G Cat 980F w/ Rip Rap Bucket Another picutre for Grader4me....Cat 12H Grader

  66. #66Countryboy2007-11-07 18:38

    Some pictures of broken equipment.... Cat 350 hoe getting the hydraulic system flushed. The pump came apart. You can see the flushing machine between the tracks. The machine will run all night. Cat 416C backhoe with the front axle pulled. Will be getting new pivot pin and bushings. Cat 236 skidsteer with no boom. Multiple issues including broken boom.....bad operator habits. Our ESCO grapple.... ESCO grapple with 988 loader shanks welded to the tines. When sorting boulders we put 988 loader teeth on it.

  67. #67Countryboy2007-11-07 18:44

    Other equipment.... Our new 236B Skidsteer Our Railroad track cleaning bucket for the 236B skidsteer.....custom made at our shop. As you can see from the derailment pictures above, it doesn't get used much. Cat TH350B Telehandler

  68. #68Countryboy2007-11-07 18:45

    And last but not least.... Our Car 613B water truck.....affectionally known as the "Wiggle Worm".

  69. #69Kreft2007-11-07 19:34

    i was just wondering, do you own this buisness or just work their?

  70. #70Countryboy2007-11-07 19:39

    I just work here.

  71. #71Sam2007-11-20 20:17

    Who do you work for, Country Boy? You have more pictures than a pro photographer...

  72. #72Sam2007-11-20 20:23

    Forgot to add that I get mail in Jax, Fl. I'll post an intro, when I'm qualified.

  73. #73Countryboy2007-11-20 20:31

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Sam! :drinkup A worldwide Aggregate Manufacturer.....that's about all I'm willing to state in public. Gotta retain some cover. One more post and you'll be "qualified".

  74. #74thejdman042007-11-21 20:58

    nice

  75. #75bobcat ron2007-11-25 18:14

    Darn smart idea with the track cleaning bucket!

  76. #76trainwreck2007-11-25 22:20

    yeah the track cleaning bucket is great idea, just looks like they need to use it more lol

  77. #77Countryboy2007-11-26 21:32

    They work good in loose material but if the material has been there awhile and has become packed then you'll be pulling your hair out trying to make any progress. A skidsteer just doesn't have enough weight to run such a large bucket. Just an observation in case someone is looking to make one.

  78. #78bobcat ron2007-11-26 22:01

    Weld a 250 pound chunk of plate steel inside the back of the bucket, that'll do wonders.

  79. #79Countryboy2007-11-28 23:13

    Found this in the shop today......Cat Marine C18. I'm think it going in a dredge at one of our sand mine operations as we don't have anything out here that would use something like that. The black thing on the end is a transmission. Appears to be brand new. It's pretty big when you stand next to it.

  80. #80Countryboy2007-11-28 23:16

    A couple more...

  81. #81farm_boy2007-11-28 23:40

    CB no offense here but this is a LOT of Cat equipment.:throwup Dont' you ever get tired of looking at the same old stuff every day? BTW....glad to see you figured that whole camera...posting pictures thing out. Keep them coming....I'm just giving you grief on the whole Cat thing. With the rebate check that your company gets every year from them who could blame them for buying that much Cat equipment!!

  82. #82Countryboy2007-11-28 23:54

    Ain't no thing man . We've had good luck with Cat, so they just keep buying them. Yeah, the whole digital picture thing had a real learning curve to it but I think I got the hang of it now. Mama always said I weren't the brightest bulb in the barn.....but my thick head helped to keep some of them smarts from drippin out. :idea

  83. #83Countryboy2007-11-30 22:42

    I had lastnight off from work and was sitting at the house eating some dinner when Dispatch dropped the tones for Station 1 on the Fire Radio. No biggie, happens all the time....but what caught my ear was they paged Station 1 to MY work.......for a Locomotive fire.....THAT WAS FULLY INVOLVED!!!! I dropped my fork and headed out the door. That's not my station but that IS my train and it WAS about to burn to the ground. On the way there I called Disatch to make sure of what I was hearing. They said that the employee that called it in said there was fire everywhere. I advised Station 1 to go 10-18 (that means "hurry" for all the non-fire chasers ) and that they could follow me through the gate. We make it back there and......NO FIRE. My engineer and the new guy are standing back there with one of the supervisors, just looking at the locomotives. I asked them where the fire was.... Turns out it was a stack fire and the young inexpierenced STUPERvisor (not mine thankfully ) had over-exaggerated a tad bit .......which is the exact reason I've told him time and time again, stay outta my area until you get a clue as to what goes on back here :ban. Both my guys knew what to do but were unaware that he had made the call. For those who don't know what a stack fire is, its a fire that starts because of a build up of soot, among other things, in the exhaust stacks. The only fuel for the fire is that soot and once the soot burns up, the fire goes out. No big deal really. We have one about once every year. Takes about 3 minutes to burn itself out and then you keep on trucking. One thing that needs to be done after one of these is to blow the remaining embers out. This is done by revving up to about 3/4 throttle for about 5 minutes. While I have no pictures of the "fire" , I do have a couple pictures of blowing out the stacks. Looks kinda like a minature fireworks show and the real effect is only present at night.....

  84. #84Lashlander2007-11-30 22:53

    Ha Ha, that will get the old blood pumping. We had an old 6-71 in a crane. If you let it idle for to long it would slobber enough into the stack it would ignite when you reved it up. It was a moment of panic the first couple times it did it.

  85. #85fireman0502007-11-30 23:29

    what no pics of the firetrucks

  86. #86Countryboy2007-11-30 23:34

    I cancelled them after I saw that we didn't have anything. They were just pulling in the gate so they never made it back there. Good thing too cause that engine woulda been covered in mud.

  87. #87fireman0502007-11-30 23:41

    dang

  88. #88Countryboy2007-12-09 23:20

    Look what I found when I came in tonight.....Herzog's PLUS Train. :woohoo Great way to start the week. 60 cars of #3 ballast, no stops. We'll have it loaded in 4 hours.....not a minute more. This is my "gravy train" cause its so easy and quick to load. The cars are so long that it takes up most of the yard so there's not much left to do after I finish . Due to it's unloading location, it's currently got a 3 day turn-around. We get it about twice a week during the winter time. During the summer it's shipped back up North. In the last picture you can see the fiber-optic cable that connects all the cars together. There are 2 generator cars that power the rest of the train and tell it what to do. This train is remote controlled by GPS navigation and satellite from a guy with a laptop computer.

  89. #89bobcat ron2007-12-10 09:11

    So there's no one in the cabs of the loco's???

  90. #90Countryboy2007-12-10 19:20

    Yes, there's an engineer on the locomotives. When he gets to the destination, he slows to a certain speed while the dumping is handled remotely. They go down the rail line where it will be dumped and plot all crossings, switches, etc. which go on a map. When the car that is dumping comes to one of those areas, it stops dumping until it is past that area. The whole thing is pretty technical.......but it will sure put some rock on the ground FAST. I think the whole train only takes about an hour to unload, never stopping until it arrives in the RR's switch yard or our yard. It's a very efficient piece of machinery.

  91. #91trainwreck2007-12-10 23:21

    http://www.herzogcompanies.com/rrservices/plus.php there is some more info on the plus train. and there is a short video on there. what size rock is standard ballast? we have been making some ballast for the local rail road but we don't know what we are doing lol.

  92. #92Countryboy2007-12-10 23:25
  93. #93trainwreck2007-12-10 23:49

    we are making main line ballast ans we use a 1 inch bottom screen and 2 1/2 inch top screen

  94. #94Countryboy2007-12-11 00:20

    #3 mainline ballast with cigarette pack as size reference.

  95. #95Lashlander2007-12-11 02:19

    Them ain't your smokes are they?

  96. #96Countryboy2007-12-11 02:31

    Yeah, I know...I know . I've done told the Ol' Lady I'll quit when we get married. Only a month and a half left .

  97. #97Lashlander2007-12-11 02:37

    I'm not sure thats the best time to try to quit!

  98. #98Countryboy2007-12-11 02:52

    :laugh If I gotta suffer, she does too.

  99. #99Dozerboy2007-12-11 19:12

    Do you really think that is how its going to go?

  100. #100trainwreck2007-12-11 21:31

    thanks for the pic of the ballest it looks like we are on the right track.

  101. #101digger242j2007-12-11 22:04

    You've got a lot to learn...

  102. #102Countryboy2007-12-12 04:43

    All in jest fellers. One of these days I will learn....but only when she decides to teach me. I've done figured out that part. :notworthy Ok, some more pictures. I jumped on a loader tonight to help out the other operator since we had alot to do. I think the first 4 are of me pushing the #89 pile. I found it kind of hard to take pictures and push at the same time . The last 6 are of the other operator pushing the #7 pile.

  103. #103Countryboy2007-12-12 04:45

    The rest...

  104. #104thejdman042007-12-15 15:49

    nice pics

  105. #105Countryboy2008-01-01 20:45

    Well, I found out my camera phone doesn't take good pictures of pictures...but my new camera does. Got a bunch so I'll add commentary along the way. These were taken when I was 16 and had just gotten my Chevy. A mudhole we made at my buddy's house. We pulled a disc harrow behind the Chevy to loosen the dirt and added water from his grandpa's well. My buddy left the water running all night though and his grandpa found out his well was dry the next morning. :Banghead

  106. #106Countryboy2008-01-01 20:49

    More pictures of our homemade mudhole... In the first picture, the back tire caught a rock and pulled the front tire off the ground. :drinkup Had to just about float the Chevy about a mile upstream to get to this spot for some pictures. Got all the way up there and found out I only had one picture left on the disposable camera.

  107. #107Countryboy2008-01-01 20:51

    Next pictures are at random places....

  108. #108Countryboy2008-01-01 20:53

    Needs a bath...fun night out with the girls though.

  109. #109Countryboy2008-01-01 21:02

    Mudbogging at it's finest. :drinkup Short story... We went out to this hole and easily made it through and back. Everybody wanted to go through again and this turned into one of them "Here, hold my beer" moments. The flywheel was slap wore out, only had about 3 teeth left on it. I'd turn it with my foot to get it to the good spot and she'd fire right up. Anywayz... Made it through the second time but on the way back she flooded out. When I went to fire her back up I think I lost some more teeth on the flywheel. Ended up having to leave her there for the night. Came back the next morning with a new flywheel, ready to change it in the mudhole. Decided I would give her one last try. As soon as I turned the key, she fired right up. I put the pedal to the floor and never let out. I only wish I had pictures of them rooster tails cause I usually don't push her like that. By noon I had the new flywheel in. Phew...I need a beer. :drinkup

  110. #110Jeff D.2008-01-01 21:18

    Great pic's CB!! I spose instead of "mud holes" down there, you guy's have to settle for dust holes nowadays, huh??

  111. #111Countryboy2008-01-01 21:23

    Yup, been dry as a bone lately. We'll be back using up Ol' grandpa's well again pretty soon. We got several heavy storms near the end of last week and over the weekend but they are still saying we're short. :beatsme

  112. #112Jeff D.2008-01-01 21:45

    Just north of me in Gilbert Mn. they(the DNR) converted an old ore mine into a recreation area for 4wd's (full size pick up trucks and the lil ones) I see alot of people on their way to and from there with their 4wd's on trailers. Looks like alot of fun. Here's some pic's of trucks in the rec. area : http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/2004ultimateadventure/park_four/ironrange/index.html I imagine it's gettting kinda expensive now though, with that big v8 and gas prices the way they are, to go mudding for the day, huh??

  113. #113Countryboy2008-01-01 21:56

    Not to much of that going on around here. There are a couple of folks who use there land for things like that. Their land sees some use and they make a little money off it. Most folks I know have a bunch of land already so it's not too hard to find a mudhole around here. I get that magazine every month. That's one of the better ones out there. You telling me. She isn't running right now but when she is, it's gonna cost a little bit more than when I was 16. Gonna have to start charging for rides. :cool2 I'll have to get me a sticker that says: "Beer, Deer or Gas....Nobody rides for free".

  114. #114alan627b2008-01-01 22:04

    Countryboy, if you or anyone else here are using a digital camera, and want to resize the pics to post here, you need this image resizer. Best of all, it works great and it's free....scroll down the right side of the linked page, click image resizer, download it and enjoy. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx It makes the pics smaller, but doen't mess up the clarity. hope this helps, guys! FYI, I batch resized about 90 pics in one go, and it only too about a minute! All those scraper pics I posted were done using this tool. Alan Pics look like one of those "OK Guys, whatta ya want me to break next?" situations! LOL!

  115. #115Countryboy2008-01-01 22:21

    Thanks for the link Alan. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with the work computer letting me download re-sizers and such. Being that that one is from Microsoft it was almost working but it said it's for Windows XP and I got MS Office 2000. :beatsme I've just been taking pictures in the format the site requires so I don't do any re-sizing. My originals aren't ultra quality but that's what I'm stuck with until I get a computer of my own. Taxes are coming up soon so I might take my refund and get me one.....or two. I've always wanted a laptop.

  116. #116Dusty2008-01-03 16:20

    mud beers and girls what fun that used to be

  117. #117Countryboy2008-01-08 00:50

    I finally remembered to take some pictures of this thing. I've driven past it thousands of times ever since I was tall enough to see out the truck window. This thing has been in front of this business for years. The markings say Caterpillar D2, although I'm not sure if the lifting assembly was factory or not.

  118. #118Countryboy2008-01-08 00:51
  119. #119nedly052008-01-08 05:44

    Nice Muddin' pics CB, do you ever see poisonous snakes when you are out on your adventures????

  120. #120Dusty2008-01-08 12:26

    only the girls see them lol

  121. #121bobcat ron2008-01-08 16:51

    That lifting system was a company that Cat knew very well, I saw one of those in a recent issue in tracks and Treads.

  122. #122Cavalo2008-01-08 17:15

    Hey Bobcat Ron.........are you located in the abby area?? Is Triple B your company??.........Im in Harrison

  123. #123bobcat ron2008-01-08 17:24

    Yuppers!! Triple B is my brother's company, I work for him and use my 247 MTL on the side as well for his work.

  124. #124Countryboy2008-01-08 20:13

    I see all kinds of wildlife out here in the sticks. Snakes are everywhere in the spring and summer. Got me a little .22 behind the seat for them times when we cross paths. I also see some alligators, or maybe crocodiles as I don't know the difference, but that's only when I'm riding in the swamp. Wild hogs are also abundant around here. The Chevy is still in need of a little work so I'm having to take my rides in the Nissan. It's a little lacking in the "raw unrestained horsepower" department but still fun. It's just easier to get into trouble since it's not set up for the mudholes. It'll hold its own in the mud just not as well as the Chevy. I'll get some pictures next time I'm out. With the weather as warm as it is, it shouldn't be long. :drinkup

  125. #125Jeff D.2008-01-08 22:54

    CB, I recently bought a...............uh hum...............a used Chevy tracker, and um, I can feel your pain my brutha. I still have my full size Chevy, but that danged old gas( er diesel ) be gittin' spensive, come in!!

  126. #126Countryboy2008-01-08 23:09

    It wouldn't happen to be this one would it? Joking aside, my buddy has one of them, a 2000 I think. That thing will go bout anywhere and it ain't even modified. Slick hills give him some problems but a decent set of mud tires would fix that. 10-4 com'mawn beck. I think I'm gonna rig up the Chevy to run on gold dust....might start to save a little money then. :drinkup

  127. #127Jeff D.2008-01-08 23:19

    That'de be the one, and mines also black, 'cept mine is a 4door(and be missin' da honkin' motor) . To be honest, they really are decent in the snow, but way underpowered with 4 adults in it. I heeeeeeeeeeeeerd u, a kick it on beak!!

  128. #128Cavalo2008-01-09 00:13

    Now that's an engine!.........hoekie dina. I have a 07 Grand Vitara (Suzuki) and it too is unbelievable in the snow and when I am off roading, it is basically the same car as the chevy tracker and the Asuna, at least here in Canada. Everybody swears by them, alot of people flat tow them behind their motorhomes, like I plan to one day as well. (Jeep right now) My Mother in law has the same black one as the pic.......cept of course again the MOTOR!:falldownlaugh

  129. #129Jeff D.2008-01-09 00:22

    :drinkup Yeah buddy, Cavalo!! Funny thing is, I bought mine from my father, who flat towed it from Mn. to Az. every winter. So far I'm happy with it. Its' lot's of miles, but little of them actually "running" Also, welcome to the forum, if it hasn't already been metioned! ( I forgot in my "3 questions" post. )

  130. #130Cavalo2008-01-09 00:43

    Thanks for welcome..........some friends of ours have the Suzuki model after that one (vitara as well) but it just a plain one, but they tow it every year since 2001 from N. Dakota to San Felipe Mexico where they stay for the winter and drive the S@#* out of it over rocks , into the ocean, up steep sand hills, into creek beds and fossil beds, I have seen him stuck on the beach with 4 big people in it and the clutch smoking so bad that you could smell and see all the smoke, and yet it keeps going and going with no trouble at all. He doesnt drive it easy either, kind of brakes on, or gas on. Full tilt. Amazing car..........this is why I bought one and yes even the new ones like mine are very capable. Ill see..........I have a pic of mine that I will try to get on here tomorrow............its getting late and I have been on here all day.

  131. #131Countryboy2008-01-13 23:01

    I found this new Cat D8T dozer when I got to work today. It belongs to our overburden contractor. Still has the paint on the tracks so it musta been dropped off today. It also appears that they put a used ripper on it.

  132. #132Countryboy2008-01-13 23:02

    More...

  133. #133tdozer2008-01-14 08:26

    Are you going to Okeechobee Mudfest(Feb 08) in Florida? There is 25 of us towing our mud trucks and quads from jersey and another 20 or so flying down. I know one thing, its worth the trip and im never going to miss out again even with the price of fuel.

  134. #134Eric2008-01-14 09:27

    Sweet little dozer!

  135. #135bobcat ron2008-01-14 10:17

    Cat sure knows how to make a cab.

  136. #136CascadeScaper2008-01-14 16:06

    That is one nice lookin' 8

  137. #137Countryboy2008-01-14 19:17

    I've heard of it before but never been. The Chevy is currently going through some modifications so I don't have a rig to take. After I'm finished with it I'll see about making a trip down there. :drinkup

  138. #138woodee9552008-01-14 20:46

    CB, who is your overburden contractor if you don't mind me asking?

  139. #139Countryboy2008-01-14 21:39

    Check your Private Message box.

  140. #140Countryboy2008-01-17 21:16

    Here's a new haultruck bed we will be testing out. If it meets our needs we will be swapping all the haultruck beds to this style. This will be going on a Cat 775E haul truck. Its made by a company called Duratray . Click the link for more pictures on their website. The sides, front and headache rack are made like a normal bed. The actual floor of the truck is made of 8" inch thick rubber mat suspended by 3" thick rubber cords. Below this is a metal sub-frame which supports the mat when loaded. When empty, the mat sits about a foot off of the sub-frame. This bed is rated for 80 tons while the current bed on the truck is only rated for 70. The bed is also lighter because of the amount of steel they were able to leave out. In the next 2 poictures you can see the thick rubber cords which help to give the mat support.

  141. #141bobcat ron2008-01-18 10:40

    I read about that kind of suspended floor some time ago, now I see how it fits together, supposed to be easier on the truck and box apparently.

  142. #142385c JR2008-01-18 17:48

    Hello CB. I only wondering what the grid over the hood is for. Whats the function off that? :beatsme Never seen that in Norway.

  143. #143Countryboy2008-01-20 19:18

    This overburden contractor also does some clearing of our wooded areas. I would assume its part of a forestry package of some sort. It was real bright outside, with the sun about to set, when I took the pictures. I don't know if this is a function of the screen or not but it cut alot of the glare out from the front window. Maybe some of the dozer guys could confirm or add to some of this.

  144. #144bobcat ron2008-01-20 20:12

    Yup, Forestry screen guard, keeps the little bits from getting to the glass.

  145. #145385c JR2008-01-21 15:49

    Okay... That makes sense.. Thanks guys :usa

  146. #146Lashlander2008-01-26 21:50

    Nice looking Dozer Your a lot taller than I pictured you too!

  147. #147Countryboy2008-02-10 23:47

    A view out of my windows... Rail Bins Truck Bins Wash Screen Various Conveyor Belts

  148. #148fireman0502008-02-13 00:05

    nice pics cb

  149. #149Countryboy2008-02-15 21:26

    More views out of my windows.... Locomotives....I played around with some of the camera settings to catch the movement. Cat 775F Haul Truck stockpiling #57 stone out of the Rail Bins.

  150. #150fireman0502008-02-16 20:55

    great pics do you have any more pics of your departments firetrucks?

  151. #151637slayer2008-02-17 11:51

    great pics:drinkup

  152. #152Countryboy2008-02-24 23:08

    Cat 345C L with Esco Grapple. 988 loader shanks placed on the tips of the tines.

  153. #153Lashlander2008-02-24 23:19

    Hey CB! What you doing with the grapple machine?

  154. #154Countryboy2008-02-24 23:45

    That's the same machine, pictured in previous posts, that had the NPK hammer on it. Its getting to be Armor Stone season so they usually take the hammer off and replace it with the grapple for weighing the boulders. Its easier to pick the bigger boulders out of the pile with the grapple instead of the loader. The grapple sets out the boulders and the pit loaders weigh them. When they get a decent pile they send them up top on haul trucks. After recieving an order, they are loaded out by rail.

  155. #155Lashlander2008-02-25 00:11

    Okay, I wasn't thinking in the line of a quarry. Does your whole operation utilize quarry rock or is some of it mined sand and gravel.

  156. #156Countryboy2008-02-25 00:19

    We only mine granite at our location. We make big granite into little granite. Some of our other mines do sand, precious metals and coal. The precious metals and coal are mainly mined overseas.

  157. #157Lashlander2008-02-25 00:48

    Well I went back and read this whole thread again because I thought I may have missed it. Two things, Why no pics of the actual quarry operation? And uhh, how you comming along with the quiting smoking when I get married thing?

  158. #158Countryboy2008-02-25 01:05

    Ah well, I try not to take pictures of anything that might give away trade secrets. I might get in trouble for that. Equipment is not really a trade secret because it's easy enough for anyone to find out what kind of equipment an operation is running. The honest truth, I forgot I was going to quit.....I guess the Ol' Lady did too cause she hasn't said anything about it. Been so busy trying to get caught up with all the stuff we put on the back burner, I haven't really had time to think about it.

  159. #159Countryboy2008-02-25 19:27

    More pictures of the 345C L next to the Armor Stone that it's sorting.

  160. #160Countryboy2008-02-25 19:30

    All the supplies for the new expansion track. It will be finished in 2 weeks, weather permitting. New 2000 yd. spur off the mainline.

  161. #161Countryboy2008-02-25 19:34

    Alright Lash, here's some operational pictures. These ought to be alright since these scenes will completely change with in the next week. Pictures of the overburden operations. The overburden job is contracted out.

  162. #162Countryboy2008-02-25 19:34

    More overburden operations...

  163. #163bushcat2008-02-25 19:57

    nice pics!

  164. #164Lashlander2008-02-26 00:31

    Thanks CB. It looks like a pretty good berm around the pit. Is it a populated place. It amazes me how many people will buy a house next to a gravel pit then decide the pit needs to go away. Do you have to drill and shoot the rock? I assume you do.

  165. #165[-Agent-]2008-02-26 00:43

    *reads every post* Those are some nice pictures. I have some but I need to post a bit to make a new topic. + I deleted the originals so it is just a video. Anyway. Looks like you are working and a big operation. Hope you have fun. *Don't need to give me a lecture welcoming me*

  166. #166Countryboy2008-02-26 20:42

    Yeah the quarry has been here since the late 40's. There is only one person who has been living in the area before the quarry started...and he actually doesn't mind it. Everybody else has a problem with it. We've taken substantial steps to increase the comfort of the neighbors but as you know, some people can't be pleased. We go way over what regulations call for and still catch flack. We don't even use the train horn at night....what fun is that! Yes, we drill and pull about 2 shots a week.

  167. #167bushcat2008-02-26 20:48

    Countryboy, Here's a stupid question for you, what's the guard for in front of the boom cylinders for on the hoe?

  168. #168Countryboy2008-02-26 21:01

    Normally that hoe has a hammer on it so the gurad keeps the fly rock out. Not really sure what's behind it, hydraulic manifold maybe, but its just a piece of conveyor belt hanging down.

  169. #169Rockbreaker2008-02-27 01:24

    Hello CB. Have you guys ever had problems with the side windovs on the 345? I have operated 345 many times and what happend to me twice is that rocks have come between the boom cylinder and the cab and the side windov have cracked.(there are many bits when that windov falls:Banghead) Most common when using hammer i think

  170. #170Countryboy2008-02-27 22:11

    I don't operate that machine and the one that does only runs it on dayshift. I've never heard of it happening. :beatsme

  171. #171Countryboy2008-02-27 22:24

    Partial assembly of the switch for the expansion spur. More operations pictures...

  172. #172[-Agent-]2008-02-27 23:37

    What size are those trucks? They look big. More nice pics.

  173. #173Countryboy2008-02-27 23:42

    It's a mix of Cat 775s and Komatsus. Not sure of Komatsu's equivalent to a 775. There are about 20 trucks total. The hoes are Komatsu 400s.

  174. #174Lashlander2008-02-28 00:43

    Hey Rockbreaker, The side window on our 345 is Plexiglas so it won't break. They get hard to see out of eventually because of scratches. Have you been there when they were working? Kinda wondering if they sing the "Working on the railroad song"

  175. #175[-Agent-]2008-02-28 00:47

    Big truck. I was right.

  176. #176Countryboy2008-02-29 20:40

    Switch installation completed. They've got alot more to do in one week to meet the deadline. They assembled the switch Wednesday and placed it last night. Took them 12 hours just to place it. JCB 426 loader and Deere 310C backhoe.

  177. #177alco2008-02-29 22:41

    That's pretty funny. Up here, those are itty bitty little trucks. Brian

  178. #178[-Agent-]2008-02-29 23:25

    Rawr, I knew they were big, not that big..

  179. #179Countryboy2008-03-10 00:07

    Finishing up the new spur. All they have left is to tie into the existing storage track. 4 Komatsu PC400's

  180. #180[-Agent-]2008-03-10 00:08

    Wow nice excavators. I guess to me rail road tracks just look like rail road tracks.

  181. #181Countryboy2008-03-10 00:13

    Dozers....yes, the tracks need cleaning. :cool2 Cat D6T Cat D6R XW Cat D8T.....they took all the guarding off it last week. It doesn't look as good without it.

  182. #182[-Agent-]2008-03-10 00:14

    What good is a clean dozer if your just going to get it dirty again. ^.^ Though they do look good clean in mud. Nice dozers also.

  183. #183Countryboy2008-03-10 00:19

    Followup on the Dura-tray bed installation. Bed has been installed on a Cat 775E haul truck and as far as I know is performing as expected. Cat 775F with OEM bed for comparison That bed is huge...

  184. #184[-Agent-]2008-03-10 00:27

    That bed is bigger then my house. :S Do you know how many tons those haul?

  185. #185Countryboy2008-03-10 00:40

    The OEM bed is rated at 70 tons. The new bed is rated for 80 tons....but I think I could get more than that on there.

  186. #186[-Agent-]2008-03-10 00:42

    an extra 10 tons. That can be allot in a day of hauling. How much do you think you can get on there.

  187. #187Countryboy2008-03-10 00:45

    90 tons.....easy. Too bad it won't fit under the rail bins with the new bed or I'd try it.

  188. #188[-Agent-]2008-03-10 00:46

    You think your that good eh? I guess I should stop making stupid comments now.

  189. #189Countryboy2008-03-29 03:11

    Let's test out this new resizer... Well, it does make the cracks look a little smaller.

  190. #190Countryboy2008-03-29 03:13

    More... The culprit... :bash

  191. #191Countryboy2008-03-29 03:15

    2008 Chevrolet Silverado....only a rental.

  192. #192Countryboy2008-03-29 03:22

    The reason for the rental....lady talking on her cell phone.

  193. #193CascadeScaper2008-03-29 04:11

    Nice pics as usual CB.

  194. #194MKTEF2008-03-29 07:20

    Nice pics CB.:drinkup Did the hoe operator use the hammer when the stick was fully stretched out? When sylinders are in the bottom there is no hydraulic damping.... Steel against steel, hammers can be realy bad to the machine. And u got to bee ready with the grease gun, dosen't take long before the sound changes in the machine if pins have some wear. You know from dunk, dunk to bang, bang...

  195. #195EZ TRBO2008-03-29 11:02

    Nice pics as always CB, I myself have never seen a stick that badly cracked and bent. I know our 312 would have cracked much worse if our operator on it woulnd't have heard the POPing sound. How do you like the new Chevy, as a try out anyways. Trbo

  196. #196Dozerboy2008-03-29 15:40

    Wow they let that stick go a longs ways before replacing it.

  197. #197Countryboy2008-03-30 18:52

    I think some of the problem is there are about 8 different operators for that machine. When one of their machine's goes down....It's Hammer time. Unfortunately, with so many operators it can lead to bad operator practices because that feeling of "ownership" of the machine is not there. The Chevy was niiice. :drinkup It had that fuel management system that cuts out 4 cylinders when you don't need them, which really improves MPGs. Worked real slick because you couldn't feel them go in and out. When you needed all 8, they were there. They welded it in one spot while waiting for the new stick to arrive. It was supposed to be under light duty but the integrity had already been compromised. There really isn't a light duty hammer application with a hammer of that size.

  198. #198Countryboy2008-03-31 02:21

    The perfect fleet of equipment for clearing dense woods.... FAST : (1) Hitachi Zaxis 450 (3) Komatsu PC400s (1) Cat D8T (1) Cat D8R (1) Cat D6T (1) Cat D6R (1) JD 8220 with lot leveler Total time for all clearing and cleanup of approximately 8 acres.....a little over 3 hours. This is one of them times where the phrase "Use what you brought" works out to your benefit. :naughty

  199. #199Lashlander2008-03-31 08:53

    Good lord! Enviromental rapist! :wink2 :drinkup

  200. #200Turbo218352008-03-31 11:06

    Just wait, the way those piles are I put odds on an accidental fire or two :drinkup :cool2

  201. #201tonka2008-03-31 11:47

    or12:drinkup

  202. #202Countryboy2008-03-31 22:39

    Actually, this is the new site they are preparing for our main plant move. The old site will be reclaimed with native plant life. Leave it the way you found it, right. Oops.... Disclaimer: All fires were started with dry brush and large blowers.

  203. #203[-Agent-]2008-03-31 22:54

    The mini wanted to take a break from the heat eh?

  204. #204bear2008-04-30 09:26

    CB show those to some environmental wackos! hat would be ffun! Does it make me a bad person taunting tree huggers?

  205. #205fireman0502008-07-23 02:32

    hey cb when can we expect new pics?

  206. #206Countryboy2008-07-23 03:39

    Let see what I can come up with. I'll try to get them up this evening.

  207. #207fireman0502008-07-23 04:05

    Ok good we'll be waiting.

  208. #208Countryboy2008-07-24 01:52

    We'll continue with the development of the land for the new plant. There is about a 3 month time lapse between this set of pictures and the last set, so there should be some noticable changes. One of the less noticable changes is the intricate drainage system that was installed.

  209. #209Countryboy2008-07-24 01:55

    Couple more...

  210. #210Countryboy2008-07-24 01:58

    The equipment...

  211. #211fireman0502008-07-24 03:06

    great pics cb

  212. #212Bellboy2008-07-24 12:01

    I didn't know that Cat made a D6 T ? Cool beans, I like. Thats some heavy stuff you got there. What is all that in the background, below the tree line?

  213. #213Countryboy2008-07-24 19:23

    Silt fencing, for erosion control.

  214. #214Bellboy2008-07-25 11:33

    I mean all the predominantly white and red stuff under the trees. Thanks though. I searched cat for their D6T, but it wouldn't load the info on the D6T

  215. #215Countryboy2008-07-25 21:13

    Oh that .....that's a junk yard. Caterpillar D6T

  216. #216Bellboy2008-07-27 04:06

    Thanks. Now I can see the D6T. Download the brochure too!

  217. #217Countryboy2008-09-17 15:21

    We recently went to a mud bog and I found this sitting off to the side. I didn't know Bucyrus Erie made pans. Anybody know some specifics on this medel?

  218. #218stretch2008-09-17 20:03

    B-E made pans, winches, and dozer blades for International Harvester from 1935-1953 when IH purchased the line from them. I can't tell you much about this pan, as it's not like any of the ones I've seen from them. And they were usually painted in IH red.

  219. #219woodee9552008-09-17 21:28

    Was that at Elko CB ?

  220. #220Countryboy2008-09-18 15:04

    Thanks. It appears to be in good shape for its age. Ah, familiar with Elko are you? This was actually at another mud bog off of 247, coming into Warner Robins. Coming from Macon on 247, take a right at the light after the Macon Airport. It's about a mile down on the left....ya can't miss the sign. I'm not sure of their schedule since that was the first time I had gone to that one.

  221. #221woodee9552008-09-18 21:24

    Oh yea, I go past that place every day on the way home. Was it a good one, I've never been?

  222. #222Countryboy2008-09-19 13:24

    It was alright. That mud bog is a consistency race, so the mud is only about 6" deep. A 2-wheel drive Ford Ranger made it through no problem. I'm more of a 2 ft. deep mud person myself. Now thats real mud bogging. Both have their fans though I guess.

  223. #223woodee9552008-09-19 18:25

    Yea, I'd rather see some trucks getting stuck but to each his own.