Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quary Clean up and Machine Hauling

EZ TRBO ยท 2007-09-27 22:57

Few pics I took today, first few are at the rock quarry we just blasted. Went in and did some clean up in the pit before the crushing crew comes in. Got a new Volvo 35D to use, nice machine. Few others are from moving the equipment out to another quarry. Let me know what yall think Trbo http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff123/EZTRBO/Quarry Clean up and machine hauling/

Replies9
  1. #1Ford LT-90002007-09-27 23:42

    Well you got the best built ADT out there pretty hard to beat Volvo. Now with the excavator :umno Just kidding the Komatsu excavators are good

  2. #2EZ TRBO2007-09-28 06:17

    I will agree with you on both quotes, I've never been around haul trucks much, we used a self loading scraper at the fam biz, but the 25C we have is an awesome machine, spent almost a month in it hauling sand. This 35D is very nice, as it should be for being new. As far as the excavator goes, if it were up to me it would be gone today(i'd never have bought it in the first place), I was looking at the service records on it at the shop the other day, the number of times and the major breakdowns it has had for only 4500 hours and 5 years old are WAY more then our 12 year old 312 Cat with almost 7000 hours ever thought of having(i'll enclude replacing hyd hoses on the CAT as well, just to bring it a bit closer, lol). They are talking bout getting a larger machine, and the big boss man likes CAT's. See what happens. Thanks Trbo

  3. #3equipment fan2007-09-28 07:26

    very nice equipment...

  4. #4Ford LT-90002007-09-28 22:26

    Komatsu has really taken a big big chunk of Caterpillars excavator sales in Western Canada. Volvo has been a big seller in Western Canada too with the 6x6 dumps. Gravel mines use them along with larger contractors that do road building etc.

  5. #5DuraMaxMan662007-09-29 01:23

    volvo seems to be making their haul trucks like cadillacs, ive noticed a change over in my area also....i.e. quarrys and landfills near my house have a high percentage of cat equipment but when it comes to their haul trucks all i see is volvos. a friend of mine that works at the landfill says the volvos will run circles around the new cats

  6. #6CascadeScaper2007-09-29 03:33

    I've heard only good things from Komatsu for the most part, that's interesting to hear. Sounds like someone didn't take good care of it, hard to say. This guy I know locally has a '96 Komatsu PC200LC-6 that had 9,000+ hours with only routine maintenance. The machine itself was tired, but almost 10,000 hours without major work is pretty impressive.

  7. #7EZ TRBO2007-09-29 08:14

    Well I do know for a fact that the guy that was running it before me was lazy, and as long as it started and moved, ment it was working fine. After he got fired, I had one day I was on it and had a old cracked fuel line break, the muffler rusted through, and two blown hyd hoses, that you could plainly see where shot to begin with. And the hyd fluid was so low you could hear the tank gurgling. Bout the only thing I could see that he did at all to it was grease it, and that was WAY over done. I know there is really NO over greaseing, cept on seals and such, but when grease is falling out of the bushings and all over the machine, and you keep holding the trigger, its time to stop. But after that and with me being the only one that runs it, haven't had any problems with it since. Knock on wood. Trbo

  8. #8DigDug2007-09-29 16:33

    EZTURBO - you said you were cleaning up the quarry after blasting. The pics look like the material doesnt have to be blasted. Is the ground that hard that you cannot dig it with a machine? doug

  9. #9EZ TRBO2007-09-29 17:38

    The spot in the quarry I am hauling out was mud and dirt that had fell in from the top. An earthmoving contractor had needed fill for a highway project, so they stripped our quarry for us. Well they didn't berm the edge and for 3 months everytime it rained everything ran into the quarry floor. This quarry is a small pit of ours, and no one mentioned to our crushing supervisor that the floor had about 3 feet of mud on it until the driller called and said if we were going to blast that we need to get the crap cleared up. So just to do it quick one of our crushing guys went up and spent about a half a day just scooping it out with a loader, piled it near and out of the way so we could blast. I finished where I was working, moved in and then hauled it all out of the quarry all together. It was mostly dirt, rock and dried muck. Main reason we moved it cause next time we shoot we want to take that face back, or the spot it sat on would make a nice place to store some crushed rock. Trbo