Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CD60R Komatsu

greerco ยท 2026-01-25 19:16

Hi recently purchased a Komatsu CD60R tracked dump truck (originally). For some reason the machine was turned into a drill rig. The dump box was removed and the swivel has been welded solid. It be great if i could make it swivel again, unfortunately the swing motor and swivel joint have been removed. Does anyone have a part number for these, i hoping i can find a cost effective replacement to make it work again. Everything on the machine is written in Japanese, i have not contacted Komatsu because i do not have a serial number. Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1ChuckRock2026-02-04 16:49

    Here is what I see in the parts book I have access to;

  2. #2greerco2026-02-04 18:54

    thankyou ! i will do some searching. Would you happen to have a part number for the throttle cable?

  3. #3willie592026-02-04 20:17

    If it's got the Komatsu 6D95L engine it's likely a grey market machine, the domestic CD60 had the Komatsu branded Cummins B series engine, many parts are different on the two machines, you really need the serial number. Seems I recall the s/n was not only on an ID tag but also stamped on the machine, but it's been so many years I can't recall where.

  4. #4ChuckRock2026-02-04 20:56

    We've had one of these in the shop recently - had the 102 engine in it. - Parts were pretty scarce, I believe we had to have a few parts made. Like Willie said - I am not sure if these are the right part numbers for what you are looking for but Best of luck to you - hope it helps!

  5. #5willie592026-02-04 21:15

    I used to maintain a sizeable fleet of these machines, both CD60 and CD110, grey market and domestic. The grey and domestic are different machines, many parts are not interchangeable. I don't know about the rotate assembly, but if it's available, I can guarantee it will be very expensive, unless you find a used replacement. Back when I worked on these machines a final drive assy was 16K and up, depending on whether it was a Daiken on the grey or Rexroth on the domestic. I'd wager the rotate assy will be just as weird.

  6. #6willie592026-02-04 22:06

    And I'll add this, if that's a steel track CD60, I hope you don't plan on using it much. If you do those steel tracks, rollers, rollers carriers and idlers will empty your wallet keeping it going. When I was at keeping a fleet of those rigs going we learned real fast to get rid of the steel track machines and use only rubber track machines. The rubber tracks are expensive, but the undercarriage was way better designed for travel than the steel track machines. And when you boil it down, if a crawler dumper isn't traveling, then it ain't working. Traveling is what those machines are all about.

  7. #7greerco2026-02-05 07:17

    Hi thanks for the reply. Mine has steel chains with a heavy plastic pad. When I was watching videos on them I noticed some with steel tracks and thought it looked like a bad wear item.

  8. #8greerco2026-02-05 07:19

    Thanks for the reply. So the pedal and the hand lever are joined together for the throttle. This probably explains why its all bypassed.

  9. #9greerco2026-02-05 07:20

    Hi. Thanks for the response. I was hoping id find some China equivalent. . For some reason I dont see where it would even bolt to on my machine. Im in the process of cutting the flat bed off the back to put a dump box on it, I will take a better look when its apart.