Hello, does Caterpillar have piston kits or even cylinder packs or you have to pick parts one by one? Where can this be found in CAT SIS? Try ESN: LGK21994.
try 20r4305
That's a REMAN part. And if I go to 4529086 I still don't see what parts are in it. Where can I see that?
That's the only way to get a ready-assembled cylinder pack kit from Cat. They don't sell one assembled with all new parts. If you want new then all the pieces have to be ordered individually. TBH probably the only thing in a Reman cylinder pack that is a used part will probably be the connecting rod, and maybe the piston pin. This any help.?
Thanks again Nige. Where can I find this BOM info in CAT SIS?
And how do you find gasket sets? It's almost always this error in "Kits Information":
You are using a version of SIS that was discontinued in 2020 IIRC. It was a bit shy on information for that kind of stuff. The new online version of SIS2.0 will have that information. The list goes on apparently for ever. There must be more than 50 items on it.
@Nige Can you BOM this?
IIRC been that way a long time, correct?
So how I find complete gasket set in my CAT SIS?
I've searched for "gasket kit": then unchecked the mark: and then the list with parts and gasket set appeared:
Yes. AFAIK yes.
286-7208 is a single piston body, not including rings. It was replaced by 322-0329 then by 339-8177 and finally by 388-9533 which is the current P/N.
Look under "Product Structure" then in the section titled "Service Equipment & Supplies".
When I go under gasket and seal kits first there is nothing, then I remove check mark and attachments appear. What does this actually mean? What are this attachments? They are not connected to ESN?
It's so long since I used that system I can't remember.
Instead of searching for keywords, try this.......... not sure it will work, it all depends how your version of SIS is configured. 1. enter the ESN then select Product Structure from the RHS of the main page. 2. When the dropdown menu opens, scroll down and click on "Service Equipment & Supplies". 3. When the next dropdown menu opens, scroll down the list of items until you find "Gasket Kits". 4. Click on that to open it and see what it shows.
So, I've done that and It shows nothing. Then I uncheck the mark beside attachments and whole lot of gasket sets pop out. Don't know how to choose and which will fit the engine. Below "Gasket and seals kit" there is "Rebuild kits" menu. Same thing. Even more gasket kits pop out. Like thirty of them.