Seems there are CDL Requirement changes coming, was warned that may be a three year 'Road Test' requirement starting in 2022 for Hazmat Tanker endorsement, no idea why that would be a necessity. Will scour a number of Class A HM and Tank endorsements pretty quick, can anyone spell Fuel Shortages??
What exactly have to retake it every three years I assume I can't seem to find it on the web
Doesn't bother me-I never go anywhere anyway.
I could not either as to finding anything. Did find the NEW CDL earners would be harder pressed to get one.
Interesting if it means dry bulk pneumatic tanks, too. Non-hazmat dry bulk?! Guess I’d be done
That I can find out at work from our log safety cop.
You can have my tanker one, I guess I will be an outlaw each time I need to get water from in town. You can thank Pete Buttplug I mean Buttigieg for this if it's true with all other recent CDL changes and future ones. Try playing by their games, guess it isn't enough. https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/sites/phm...zmat_Transportation_Training_Requirements.pdf Page 4 last paragraph.
If I’m reading it correctly, sounds like it is like other employer safety training: hands-on or, bulletins, etc and documenting. All done by employer or owner/op. And didn’t see anything specific to tanks, just hazmat.
Thanks, may be what my Buddy here is misinterpreting.
Is the new C D L a for sure deal? Is it not going into affect till feb 21? Maybe they will bring back the trail or start producing stuff locale.
Our local county Commissioner has heard that TX is going to require formal school for anyone who wants a CDL. Currently, anyone can go to the DMV and take the written test. If you pass, you get a learner's CDL, which lets you drive for 6 months with another man who has a CDL. Then you simply go take your driving test in a CDL truck. Meritocracy. If you perform, you pass. Well that is apparently not good enough for gubbmint. I don't know if this change is set in stone yet. I'm running one of my sons thru with me as his CDL instructor, just in case. Schools cost at least $3k around here.
Should be glad it's not worse, it costs $9k here for 120 hours of schooling. I don't agree with just getting a license for passing a quick written test and 2 hour road test, but also don't agree with requiring a ton of schooling no matter what. There's too much power for the tester to just pass people and then you got someone who has no business driving a truck with a license.
I got my first CDL in France, where it's similar to y'all in Canada. I got a price break because I was a fireman there. Sitting in a truck for hours with a few other guys taking turns at driving. Needless time wasted while we all wait for the slow guy(s) to catch on. Stuffy, arrogant state workers administering the test, all of us well-rehearsed at how to behave. State power corrupts all. And those raised under it learn to toe the line.