The next thing if you have CDL to deal with. A clearing house for CDL drivers . I'm registered. https://www.bing.com/search?q=fmcsa...&sc=8-5&cvid=7a017a6343c54fc3a0a470a721c29e46
I am so close to changing to an intra-state only Class A. I pulled the apportioned tags off all my trucks a few years ago.
You should if you have no justification for inter-state. The less red tape the better.
Yeah, I just hate to give up the capability, I only live 50 miles from the state line after all. I can always buy a trip permit for the truck, but not for the driver.
the appor. tags i could agree with but dropping your interstate cdl is a mistake. keep that as long as possible
If I didn't have to test drive and drive the tow truck now and then mine would disappear-although there is a program to mothball your CDL.
I was ready go give up my CDL when I got my new license here. I don't really need one anymore just the thought of having a "regular" license was like giving up something I'd earned. When I went in the lady said " don't do that! Here, I'll just transfer it over for you intrastate". Sweet. If I remember correctly WA you can't do that- have to "self certify" med or the endorsement goes away even intrastate?
Just went thru all the arguments in my own head to drop mine as my physical renewal came up, passed fine so kept it alive another two years. Local company is considering hiring a few Part Timers for vacation and peak period supplemental drivers. Grain season is in full bloom here, again. I have all the endorsements still where next time around will let HAZMAT fall away. Currently MPTX Class A holder, was told I am one of a few thousand with all these endorsements in MO.(M Motorcycle) NO School Bus, and NOT GONNA Happen!!!
Can't believe you skipped on the school bus endorsement ; )
Oh come on you know the song--The wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town!
I had all the endorsements but passengers, let my haz-mat go last renewal as I had never used it. A friend is a truck mechanic who also owns 3 tour buses that take people to Atlantic City. He has tried for years to get me to get my passenger endorsement, says I can use a bus for free. I told him I wasn't going to get it, because I didn't want to have to hit him. "Huh?" Well, persistent as you are about me getting the license, I know the next time you have 2 drivers out, I would have to punch you. I am NOT hauling anything that can complain!
My father drove tour busses occasionally in that kind of fill in capacity when he was younger. He was immune to complaints and his favorite line when road tripping with us was “we will stop at the NEXT rest stop down the road, not this one, just hold on” which was repeated upon reaching the next one and so forth. Before he got sick later in life the man had a camel’s hump for a bladder so he didn’t mind driving until the fuel tank was empty and didn’t care about food until he got to where he was going.
I thought you meant hit him with the bus. I suppose that's better than getting thrown under the bus.
Drove a party bus back in 88, No way in Hell I would do it again, drunks spilling stuff all over, puked in rear facilities, had trash from door to back wall all for a Mizzou Tigers game. Left STL with 15 people and THREE LARGE coolers, came back with 16 people(one woman found a Date) and FOUR Coolers. Dropped them off took bus back to barn drained holding tank used a garden hose on the ENTIRE inside. REFUSED to drive it again and even made a decent payday with a reasonable expense tip from the organizer. Found close to $100 in dropped Sticky Had to be cleaned cash in the floor and couches. And YES I treated it while wearing Nytril Gloves!!!
Someone once told me he'd haul people around as soon as they made a provision to allow them to ride in the cattle trailer, that way they'd be in back and he'd be upfront and away from it all and in peace and quiet.