Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cell service outage

Shimmy1 ยท 2024-09-30 13:25

Who all on here is currently without a phone? It seems to be random, and sure is a PITA when you are trying to run a business.

Replies40
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-09-30 13:31

    Verizon still up in MO.

  2. #2DDoug2024-09-30 13:55

    Uhm, if they are sans "phone" how could they read or reply ?

  3. #3Shimmy12024-09-30 14:10

    Computer .....

  4. #4DDoug2024-09-30 14:26

    Landline ?

  5. #5Coaldust2024-09-30 14:47

    I see AT&T is having issues, also. My GCI phone is hardly working today.

  6. #6MarcusZ19672024-09-30 14:55

    Half the time, I think my phone is CGI......... Oh, GCI.....

  7. #7chidog2024-09-30 20:32

    Is it weather related?

  8. #8Acoals2024-09-30 21:00

    My phone was down most of the day. My wife has the same phone, on the same plan and carrier and hers was fine . . .

  9. #9Oxbow2024-09-30 21:18

    No issues with me today, but my wife mentioned something about it.

  10. #10treemuncher2024-09-30 21:43

    Our T-Mobile internet was out for 2 weeks. Finally back on as of Saturday. Verizon phones were sketchy at the same time, providing hotspot when it felt like it while TM was down. Maybe it's the effects of the "new moon" we are supposed to gain this month?

  11. #11JD955SC2024-09-30 22:20

    A large portion of the SE US got royally corncobbed by Helene so you may be experiencing fallout from that.

  12. #12Shimmy12024-09-30 22:57

    It was nothing to do with that. It was something else entirely. Not sure what, but I don't believe weather would cause one phone to be useless, and the one right next to it work just fine. Old phones, new phones, android, ifone, 25 year plan, brand new plan, sometimes every phone on a plan, or most times just one. Very suspicious if you ask me.

  13. #13Birken Vogt2024-09-30 23:04

    I heard it was a nationwide outage of some sort on Verizon.

  14. #14crane operator2024-09-30 23:15

    I could call you, if you want to talk about it... I'm on some new cheap phone plan now, its probably two pakistani's in a mud hut, and mine was good all day.

  15. #15TIredoldparts2024-09-30 23:29

    I've heard verizon got hacked. they are trying to keep it quiet.

  16. #16JLarson2024-09-30 23:54

    Our Verizon voice and data was down until about 2:00, text started coming back around 11:00 though. Sounds like there was some outage on other networks too, customers with AT&T were having issues as well today.

  17. #17Old Doug2024-10-01 07:14

    I didnt have any problems with my Verizon but other people had no service on their phones. The school had problems with their door locks also.

  18. #18CM19952024-10-01 08:44

    That's what I heard. No issues with our Verizon phones or iPads here in AL.

  19. #19KSSS2024-10-01 09:11

    It was weird. My phone went out at about 0800 mnt time. Came back at about 430 pm. Other guy's Verizon phones would work. I had one pissed off GC in the morning until he figured out I wasn't ignoring him. I figured it was some kind of overseas cyber attack, doesn't sound like it was, who really knows, Verizon is really not being specific.

  20. #20Birken Vogt2024-10-01 11:20

    It is typical these days, there will be these "nationwide" outages but they don't really affect everybody. Just a large number or majority but there will always be some who are still up.

  21. #21DDoug2024-10-01 11:35

    Could be initiated by "****" eh ?

  22. #22MarcusZ19672024-10-01 11:59

    Jeeze.... DD I see what you mean on the "new" page......

  23. #23DDoug2024-10-01 12:59

    "Spam-O-Rama"

  24. #24DDoug2024-10-01 13:14

    Funny thing, I ordered a wallet from ****, and it was O.K. Was considering ordering some more, but the spamming attack here by them has put an end to that idea.

  25. #25DDoug2024-10-01 14:32

    Seeing how the barrage of new members all spamming, I think it's actually a DNS attack.

  26. #26MarcusZ19672024-10-01 14:52

    Never heard of "****" before......

  27. #27Shimmy12024-10-01 19:12

    Good grief. That is insane.

  28. #28Tones2024-10-01 20:48

    Some non mainstream media people had predicted this. Another conspiracy theory come true?

  29. #29treemuncher2024-10-01 21:02

    Verizon data side down all day today in my area.

  30. #30Birken Vogt2024-10-01 22:32

    I'm on a Verizon reseller and AFAIK my phone was working yesterday during the event although I was at the office calling on landline all day. Although some people who might have answered did not. Today voice and data were working fine.

  31. #31Tones2024-10-02 18:43

    Who banks with Bank of America and how are your balances today?

  32. #32CM19952024-10-02 19:25

    Not me. I only use local banks. Why do you ask?

  33. #33Truck Shop2024-10-02 20:04

    Flip phone for me, messages only, it's what my PC is for.

  34. #34Bumpsteer2024-10-02 21:24

    Had another verizon outage here today.... Ed

  35. #35treemuncher2024-10-02 21:29

    I've been without the data side of Verizon for 2 days now. I logged onto my account and went through troubleshooting. After I cycled the "airplane mode" on and off as requested, my data came back on. I tried restartig the phone several times the past 2 days with no effect but the plane mode did it?? Maybe this can help another V user....

  36. #36Tones2024-10-02 22:57

    Internet has gone crazy with peoples accounts being zeroed

  37. #37Birken Vogt2024-10-03 01:11

    I live in rural hills and mountains, my phone is constantly switching from AWS to PCS to old 800 band and 700 band as well, it gets confused sometimes and when I come back to town still shows no signal and won't make a call. Usually airplane mode can get the phone part to reboot but sometimes it takes a power cycle, I suspect you just happened to hit it after they had already fixed things.

  38. #38Acoals2024-10-03 21:25

    I have the same spotty rural service problem, and I frequently have to flip in an out of airplane mode to make the phone find signal, sometimes reboots as well.

  39. #39MarshallPowerGen2024-10-03 22:54

    The internet (especially social media) is also full of **** and makes a lot of money on people going crazy on it.

  40. #40MarcusZ19672024-10-04 05:52

    Looks like the **** is back spamming. (This is a self edit).