Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

centipede dump truck

Willis Bushogin ยท 2013-02-05 21:02

I also just bought a 2000 Sterling centipede dump truck, 20ft Ox demolition body, with high lift gate, Detroit 12.7L (500hp). We dont use these big of trucks in our area, just wondering if anyone had any experience with these trucks I bought these two trucks (2001 KW quad & 2000 Sterling centipede) from a repo company and I had to buy bought of the trucks, to get the deal I got. I am going to sell the centipede if anyone is interested

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952013-02-11 19:22

    What's a centipede truck? The ones with all the little steerable lift axles? We don't use them here either. It's either tandems or tri's.

  2. #2sl34062013-02-12 10:39

    Any pictures? Price?

  3. #3Willis Bushogin2013-02-14 12:04

    I cant figure out how to downsize my pictures, so they will fit the format You can try sending me a PM, maybe I can do it that way After I get it cleaned up and the wx breaks, where we can start working again, the price will be $45,000.00 Price is now $38,000.00

  4. #4Willis Bushogin2013-02-14 12:12

    4 steerable drop axles we use all types in NC, we dont have those crazy bridge laws, like some states. This truck will gross 80,000 lbs with a class B license, bridge is 28ft 4 " The truck was/has been working in Va, hauling asphalt for the last few years

  5. #5CM19952013-02-15 06:40

    Willis the trick I use to re-size pictures is email them to my gmail account from my phone. On the Iphone you can choose the picture size before you email it. When it shows up in my email it's already re-sized, I just save it to my picture file and attach to HEF. We mostly run tandems or tri's around here. I'd imagine 4 steerable drop axles would make it tough on the truck off-road?

  6. #6Willis Bushogin2013-02-19 20:32

    Thanks, I sold the truck today

  7. #7Nicetrucks2013-07-09 08:14

    Willis Bushogin, would you be able to email or PM me your phone number. I am not sure I can directly PM/email members yet or haven't figured it out yet. Thanks.