Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chain and tool storage on machine

Scout_1969 · 2021-07-12 11:21

Probably like most of you, I carry a few miscellaneous logging chains, occasionally a chainsaw, shovel etc. on my backhoe. Unfortunately they’re always sliding to either be under my feet or slipping through gaps in the floor boards or in my way. Thought of a tool box on top of fender but it might affect visibility. Maybe an expanded wire basket of sorts. Or for chains maybe C-channel mounted inside fender. I’d like to see what practical ideas or pictures of what others use.

Replies6
  1. #1Scout_19692021-07-12 12:09

    As far as expanded wire -atv basket might work. It’s a catch all but I could add mounts for shovels etc and lay chains in basket

  2. #2Bootheal2021-07-13 10:56

    I have a 2000 model M with a grab handle on the right front corner post. I used a short piece of pipe - hose clamped to this handle to store a shovel in.

  3. #3aighead2021-07-13 12:56

    I keep a 5 gallon bucket in the corner near the entry door. It holds stuff like straps used for dragging trees around, chain if I wanted it in there, and some various odds and ends. The bucket stays out of my way nicely and it stays dry if there is bad weather. If I carried the chainsaw around more I'd probably be itching for another solution.

  4. #4Bote2021-07-13 13:04

    I carry an axe, railroad adz, peavey, slings, lever hoist, and log chain in my front bucket. I carry my chainsaw, tools, gas can in my back bucket. I pad the buckets with a couple old comforters. Haven't lost anything yet.

  5. #5hookedondiesel2021-07-13 16:20

    Scout, you haven't said what machine your talking about.

  6. #6Scout_19692021-07-13 21:18

    It’s a John Deere 310B open cab