Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chain for case 580 sl

rickw ยท 2013-04-06 09:33

I need some advice on chain and binder size. I just bought a eager beaver 20 hdb. I am going to get ratchet binders. What size and spec does the chain need to be? I have seen binders that say around #9400 working load?

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-04-06 11:06

    We use the 3/8 chain on all the trailers along with ratchet binders, most have 4/25' chains and 2/20' chains on each trailer with some extra short lengths, single grab hook and 10' chain. It does not hurt to have the 9400# binders if you can afford them. All chains are stamped for transport grade. The larger truck dealers carry them around here at a fare price mostly import by the keg. We stopped using 5/16 transport, still have one set of (6) 1/2 " chains and binders that stay locked up in the tool room and removed as a as needed event. 3/8 transport chain will work well for you and give you some extra if you haul anything bigger, you with need 6 and 6 for most dot men.

  2. #2rickw2013-04-06 16:30

    Sheepfoot, Thanks for response. What do u mean by 6 and6? I was going to run chain thru recomended spot on front of machine w/ binder, short chain and binder at each designated spot by outrigger, then one chain over rear bucket w/ binder. Total of 4 binders, 2 short chains and 2 longer chains. Trailer has the roto rings for attachment which looks handy.