Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chain for dump trailer

Huband1 ยท 2019-04-05 01:50

I have a Kubota kx 121-3 and have just bought a 14,000lb dump trailer. I don't have the trailer here yet, but want to get set up with chain to secure the mini. I bought 4 - 3/8 ratchet load binders, but don't know what the right set up is for chaining down. Does any one have a similar set up and would share what your tie down strategy is including chain length? I also have a Bobcat T 190 that will also get moved once and a while. Thanks, Alan

Replies4
  1. #1seville0092019-04-05 10:57

    Older thread on this.... HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2rondig2019-04-07 01:34

    I use grade 70 5/16 chain ...grade 70 is law around here

  3. #3Bls repair2019-04-12 14:27

    What kind of tiedowns do you have in trailer ? What are they rated for?

  4. #4rondig2019-04-12 20:05

    I have 6 3inch D rings