I am in southeastern ohio. Thinking I should get chains on my superE. All off road. Hilly, greasy ass clay. Not sure what is the best chain I should get. On the same topic, getting new tires on should I have tube installed and add calcium or would good chains be sufficient. Both??? Not doing anything ballsy, starting to get girl parts as I age, (*** is up with that?) just want to get into the woods, do some work and be able to get out safely without sliding down the hill in the grease.
I don't know what the log skidder chains are called. I know where I'd buy them. I believe the distributor is LaBonville. They are a convoluted link with a spike on each link. My chains, (I have two sets) for a 580K are simple conventional tire chains I run every winter. Nothing exotic except the "wire" the links are formed from is square. A second set is generically called "Canadian chains" They are a 10" diameter ring with four grousers on each, they are attached to the side chains with four each short chains. They give best traction, but you would NOT want ANY time on pavement! If you can't find the LaBonville chains a dealer here would ship them to you.