Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

challenged in nh

entasis ยท 2013-02-08 15:51

wanted to put up a new building on my property for my stone business - only problem was to get there, a 450' road had to be built cross slope over very steep and extremely undulating slick solid bedrock at the base of a mountain and then site prep for the building in a glacial bench that was 90% rock made up of well cemented bullet proof fractured ledge up to 40 ton pieces - finished road had to accommodate up to 35 ton quarried blocks on flatbed semis - the cost to build and outfit a new building left little money to hire out the road building / site work - was on a farm as a kid and have been around construction my whole adult life, so knew something about machinery, but never did anything like this, but it wasn't gonna happen if I didn't do it myself the road is in and the site is ready for concrete as soon as winter releases her icy grip on the land - its been quite an experience - I've enjoyed it and it was a heck of challenge with site conditions and of course the newb factor that's the background, but here is all I want to say - hef was by far the best place for info from machine operation and maintenance, repair, site work, road building, compaction and on and on - I never had to ask stupid questions that had already been dealt with here, and waste peoples time - by doing some reading, all the answers were here, and generously given to others by the really good working people in this forum that are happy to share - I dropped a track on my excavator in a really bad spot late on a friday and had that sucker back on in short order cause I remembered reading about it here, one small example - folks on this site are more helpful, generous and civil than any forum I've seen.....little drama, tons of support humbly, I say to all, THANK YOU SO MUCH if anyone has any questions concerning marble, granite and most stone related issues, I'm your man - It could allow me to pay back I sure hope scrub is not pulling out, I personally think he's a first rate guy regards, gerry

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832013-02-08 19:20

    Thanks for the compliments but where are the pictures...?

  2. #2entasis2013-02-08 22:32

    I'm surprised anyone would want to see pics of my small project, but hey, I'd be honored to share and will when I'm allowed thanks fer askin'

  3. #3Steve Frazier2013-02-08 22:49

    That's exactly why I put HEF together!! I'm glad you were able to find the help you needed. Welcome aboard, and I'm looking forward to your pics as well!!