Hey guys, my name is Ryan. I am 24 and live in Huntsville Alabama. I have been an electrician for roughly 6 years, there was a break in there for a little while in which I went into the service and did communications/electronics. So you ask what brings me here? I have been interested in large equipment for quite some time, however, I have never had family or friends that were in the business. My first goal is to learn how to operate some of the equipment, the only thing I have operated is a decent size tractor and backhoe. A friend I grew up with has started his own tree cutting business (going on about 5 years now) and he is slowly starting to get into clearing land and selling the logs. I have recently started speaking with him and after going to an auction with him a couple of weeks ago and seeing a ton of equipment out there and things he was trying to buy, I am really trying to spend a little more time with him when I have time away from work and get my feet wet and see how I like it! So pretty much I will be around just to ask questions if I cant find it from searching and to read read read and learn some of this Chinese! Don't think I will really be beneficial to anyone! Glad to be here! :beerchug
Welcome to HEF TheNewb, live and learn. :drinkup
I do have a question, while my thread is still new. When we were at the auction we bought a couple of buckets and rubber tracks, the price they sold them we couldn't pass up the risk to have a set of spare tracks and a couple of buckets, however, they ended up fitting a Kubota kx161 rather than a 121. What would be the best chance I would have to offload these? Is there a website that has quite a bit of traffic or maybe something local? And is there anywhere I could go that would let me know what equipment the tracks and buckets would fit other than the 161? I do know the dimensions of the tracks are 400X72.5X74. Also, where I saw these dimensions of the tracks there was a square after the last number, does anyone know what that means?
Welcome to the Forums TheNewb!:drinkup As far as trying to sell those tracks - I would try craigslist or ebay. Since you are in Huntsville you could hit the B'ham, ATL, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis markets as well as Huntsville and probably unload them.